• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally got the balls to buy a H110

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BuRgLaR

I've finally decided to step my foot into the world of liquid cooling and bought an H110 today and I have a few questions.

1. How hard and aggravating is this thing to install?
2. Should I use the factory thermal compound that came with it or should I use my syringe of AS5?
3. is there anything I SHOULD NOT DO while installing this thing?
4. How and where can I mount this in my Cooler Master HAF-X?
5. What additional hardware could I need to mount this into my Haf-x?
6. Is this thing worth a damn?
7. Am I going to need zip ties or bolts for a top mount in my case?
8. Am I going to have to drill any mounting holes?

Glad you did your reasearch before buying... My goodness!

1. Fairly easy... See the instructions.
2. What came with is fine.
3. Poke holes in the tubing and radiator.
4. Wherever a 2x120mm rad will fit. I think at least in the top or on the front.
5. Nothing.
6. Not remotely the best as far as quality goes, but it should be fine regardless.
7. Don't think so, no. It cones with screws. Just use the case as a baffle to mount it to.
8. Doubtful.

Glad you did your reasearch before buying... My goodness!
Yeah more money than sense sometimes but I always have to be doing something to my system.

A few more questions if ya'll don't mind

Is it perfectly normal to hear the pump cycling or is it an indication or a problem with the 110?
What size and where can I find more of the radiator screws so that I can do a push pull setup with 2 more 140's?
Is there a burn in period for maximum thermal conductivity to achieve maximum cooling results?

Last edited:
Burn in depends on the TIM used

Any hardware store, make sure they just make it, you don't want the screws so long they puncture the rad

You can hear the pump, but that unit has the most reliable AIO pump IMO

I've finally decided to step my foot into the world of liquid cooling and bought an H110 today and I have a few questions.

1. How hard and aggravating is this thing to install?
2. Should I use the factory thermal compound that came with it or should I use my syringe of AS5?
3. is there anything I SHOULD NOT DO while installing this thing?
4. How and where can I mount this in my Cooler Master HAF-X?
5. What additional hardware could I need to mount this into my Haf-x?
6. Is this thing worth a damn?
7. Am I going to need zip ties or bolts for a top mount in my case?
8. Am I going to have to drill any mounting holes?

There is one major problem here. A 280mm (2x140mm) radiator (such as the H110) won't fit in a Cooler Master HAF X. The HAF X doesn't have mounts for a 280mm (2x140mm) radiator, only 240mm (2x120mm) (or possibly 360mm (3x120mm)) at the top.

Trust me, I have a HAF X and I've tried. It wouldn't be able to be done without some modifications to the case.

Would it work with fan reducer shrouds TT or is there just not enough room??

EDIT: NVM I had a look and see what the problem is. Same issues I had with the Antec. Those big arse fan holes.

@BuRgLaR The screws should be 3x30 mm IIRC

For future forum searchers, I wrote a blog post about an adapter I made for attaching a Corsair Hydro Series™ H110i 280mm Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler to a Cooler Master HAF X case. Blog post includes a downloadable PDF template to help you make your own. No drilling or cutting on the case required.

http://0xabe.com/2016/5/hafx-corsair_h110i-mod.html

Back