• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Numerical Modeling of Water Blocks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
With the block.exe why does it not have a water temp and/or room temp variable. I ran my water temp round -5 deg. C. I think the block temps would be different with this variable.

ATC: the more recent graphs are *more* accurate, but not the end-all-be-all. While giving a general idea of optimal base thickness in relation to other variables, I'm far from comfortable enought to say that the model can accurately translate to actual blocks. I believe it is fairly close though. Notice though that the if you look at a temp spread of .5-1 degrees covers quite a range of thicknesses.

ol'man: Entrance water temperature isn't a variable that I've put in just yet, it's hard coded to 25 C. When I get a chance to work on the program some more (55-60 hour work weeks plus many weekends have been impeding my progress) I'll make it an inputable variable.

I should be able to put some more time into the program and be able to add several features I've been thinking about this holiday weekend; we shall see.

Back