• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

R9 280x Max Voltage.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dar1us

Registered
Hey guys i have a Gigabyte R9 280x Windforce Rev 2.0
http://www.gigabyte.com.au/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4847#ov

Just wondering what the max safe voltage is for the VDDC?
I have a modded bios (since this one is locked) running at 1.3v and 1160/1540mhz (stock is 1.256v - 1100/1500)
Max Temps in Furmark: 84 Degress
Max Temps in Unigine Valley: 77Degrees
Max Temps In Far Cry 4 (Ultra Everything): 70 Degrees.

Thanks OCF :attn:

1,35v is about it. As ATM mentioned you are close to the limits of your cooling so I wouldn't add too much voltage. Furmark isn't realistic, but I would keep things under 85C, preferably 80C.

1,35v is about it. As ATM mentioned you are close to the limits of your cooling so I wouldn't add too much voltage. Furmark isn't realistic, but I would keep things under 85C, preferably 80C.

Sounds like you're at the limit of your cooling.

i wasnt comfortable with anything over 85 in furmark anyway :p i was more so just curious how far i could push it assuming the temps allow me to, thanks guys :)

Easy 10 C gain is to replace the stock fans (First D FD7010H12S 0.35a) with power Logic PLA09215B12H 0.55a. I used Artic Silver Ceramique paste.
ebay $41.00

Easy 10 C gain is to replace the stock fans (First D FD7010H12S 0.35a) with power Logic PLA09215B12H 0.55a. I used Artic Silver Ceramique paste.
ebay $41.00

ive got arctic mx4, do you reckon its worth tearing down the current gpu cooler (its the windforce one) and replacing the thermal paste? also if i decide to go xfire later on ill watercool them anyway :p

The difference in pastes is surprisingly little. I think from best to worst is only a couple C. So long as you are not using peanut butter the TIM application method and mount is exponentially more important.

The difference in pastes is surprisingly little. I think from best to worst is only a couple C. So long as you are not using peanut butter the TIM application method and mount is exponentially more important.
ive just been useing the pea sized method, although slightly less obviously because the heatspreader is smaller, im just unsure if i have overtightened the spring washers and screws :s

Back