• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best motherboard in the Universe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I was gonna ask about that....yea I could see that,but they look cool when their clean...I kinda thought,well....ill just compress air spray it off from time to time....because I would like to experiment with different fan/water cooling setups,and will be easier

then maybe move to closed case later after choosing setup

Your experience with cooling outside a case will not be applicable to your experience inside a case.

Your experience with cooling outside a case will not be applicable to your experience inside a case.

I feel like an idiot,your exactly right

ok....ill decise on case or station and just run with it

I was gonna ask about that....yea I could see that,but they look cool when their clean...I kinda thought,well....ill just compress air spray it off from time to time....because I would like to experiment with different fan/water cooling setups,and will be easier

then maybe move to closed case later after choosing setup

You want a stable, reliable system for video editing. Have an 8000$ budget. Want top of the line components.

And you are talking about swapping parts and cooling on an open test bench.

Are you trolling? If you're not, I'd recommend sticking to your guns and getting a reliable system with a good case (as mentioned).

If anything, I would go xeon workstation over x99. ECC memory, SAS hard drives, more stable platforms.... Well within your outrageous budget. (including a ridiculous custom loop cooler).

You want a stable, reliable system for video editing. Have an 8000$ budget. Want top of the line components.

And you are talking about swapping parts and cooling on an open test bench.

Are you trolling? If you're not, I'd recommend sticking to your guns and getting a reliable system with a good case (as mentioned).

If anything, I would go xeon workstation over x99. ECC memory, SAS hard drives, more stable platforms.... Well within your outrageous budget. (including a ridiculous custom loop cooler).

Pretty much this. ^

Thanks.....no,not trolling....i work in the movie /tv production ,but not scared to try different cooling stuff.....even if I mess up something and need to buy a part here or there....its my money....lol

But the video editing is not part of my career,but may be in the future....for now just a hobby,but i am getting a nice Merlin stead cam setup ....so its important to me,to have a good video editing pc,I will be helping a friend that produce's videos for commercials and music videos

But I think ill take your advice and get a case as posted in parts list.....ive wondered about the xeon Mb too.....thanks for advice....ill look I to it

With the budget that you have I agree with Bob. I would look into a workstation machine similar to what he said and you would have plenty of cash left over for an excellent gaming pc/toy.

There's some things that I'd consider doing on the same machine but if it's for a career I would see what is recommended for that type of setup for prosumers. You can get an excellent 2x cpu server from eBay with close to recent parts that would likely blow through the needs that you have for the cost of the cpu in your build list.

Thanks everybody,I've changed my mind on trying to build one PC to do it all,especially with alot of money to put into it

I'll build a PC just for movie editing,and another for personal media center and gaming....split budget down the middle,4k for each. :)

Thanks everybody,I've changed my mind on trying to build one PC to do it all,especially with alot of money to put into it

I'll build a PC just for movie editing,and another for personal media center and gaming....split budget down the middle,4k for each. :)

Just build 1 computer with $7500 and the other computer worth $500 and use the expensive computer to stream games to the cheap computer with Steam in home streaming.

Wouldn't hurt you to have 6 or 7 1TB SSDs in a movie editing rig, if we're talking about an Uber system.

Ok....im leaning on the xeon work station around 6-8k
Pretty much now my parts....just need to know which workstation mobo to get....then ill go with the parts that have been posted.....thanks

I think you have chosen wisely. I have a fairly decent gaming PC (albeit with an out-dated CPU but it gets me by) and a quite mediocre HTPC and I play games on the HTPC quite a bit with streaming. Once you tweak it the latency is barely noticeable. You might want to avoid intense FPS games but action, adventure, platforming, racing, RPG (ie, stick of truth) all work swimmingly.

Back