• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Swiftech MCP35x Dying. Will need a replacement.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Blaylock

"That Backfired" Senior Member
As the title states I'll need to replace my Swiftech MCP35x here shortly as it's not turning on consistently. I'm going to try and take it apart and clean it out and see if that helps but I'm not hopeful. I also have the MCP35x Reservoir v2 for this pump (see sig).

So my question is, should I just by another 35x or is there a newer/better option out there? Would I need to replace the reservoir also or can it mount on top of other Swiftech pumps?

Just be aware that the MSP50X is a larger beast though....!

Also note that you cannot utilise any MCP35X tops or any MCP35X type reservoirs that replace the top as the volute and impeller on the MCP50X is larger.

If the res is just screws into the G1/4' thread hole up on top then you wont have a problem.

Last edited:

You cannot use any MCP35X tops or bolt on reservoirs etc as the MCP50X has a different top design.

How much larger than a MCP-35x?

Also note that you cannot utilise any MCP35X tops or any MCP35X type reservoirs that replace the top as the volute and impeller on the MCP50X is larger.

If the res is just screws into the G1/4' thread hole up on top then you wont have a problem.

The only change in size is the height...

And Swiftech's reservoir that he has works with both pumps.

Benching for now, but eventually a daily driver. That's the only reason I'm mot looking into the massive Mag drives.

Benching for now, but eventually a daily driver. That's the only reason I'm mot looking into the massive Mag drives.
That's what I was wondering for. If it were benching only I was going to suggest the Mag drive, but definitely not for daily purposes.

Back