• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG 750Dlaw

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I don't recommend over 1.42V on the core or over 90°C for daily usage, so you still have some headroom.

Thanks guys!

So, started an 8h stress test last night before I went to bed, and woke up to my lock screen, so I'm guessing it wasn't quite stable. I bumped the voltage, and I'm running the test again. Should I worry about an 8 hour test, or will 2 hours be fine?

After that, I'll probably run Heaven for a couple of hours to make sure the GPUs are in check.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I set my cache manually at 4.0GHz with the voltage left at auto. Should I be messing with that, or will it not make much difference? If it won't be noticeable, I'll leave it be.

Last edited:
Think I'm done! I have a 4.9GHz clock on the CPU at 1.351v vCore, and 1524MHz/1824MHz core/mem clocks on the GPUs. I ran FS again this morning, and noticed an artifact on the first GPU test, so dropped the clock 5MHz, and got a better score!

The CPU overclock passed a 2hr IXTU stress test, and GPU passed a couple runs of FS and an hour of Heaven looped. What do you think?

Here's the last FS results.

Thank you sir!

Unfortunately, I had a crash in Rocket League earlier, so it does need some tweaking, but it's gotta be close. I don't think it's the CPU, so I'm going to tweak the GPUs some time. Right now, they're back at stock. Still pretty stoked about the score though.

I decided to up my requirements to 4 hours stable in IXTU, and found out I needed more voltage. Gave it another bump, and all was good. My GPUs, on the other hand, I think are going to get dropped back 50MHz, as I can get them to pass hours of Heaven and as many Firestrike runs as I can throw at it, but eventually they will crash in Rocket League. I've definitely got temperature headroom, and a little left on the voltage slider, though. I don't really want to drop those clocks, but I'm creeping on that power limit quick.

Here are some better pics, though they still aren't great. I'm a terrible photographer, and my camera isn't the greatest (though not terrible for it's age/price).

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

I ran into an issue a couple of weeks ago with my Rosewill Apollo keyboard. My "W" key randomly stops working. I've tried pulling the key cap and blasting the switch with compressed air, but that only works for a little while before it starts crapping out again. Does anyone have any ideas as far as repair, or am I going to have to replace it?

If I replace it, I'm thinking it will be with an RGB lit board, so I could use recommendations. I'd really like an RGB K70, but it's $170 and doesn't come in Cherry MX Black. I would prefer to stick with blacks, but I could probably get used to reds.

Tear it down to the PCB, desolder the switch, solder the new switch on, and then reassemble.

It's usually not to bad. There are guys out there that replace the whole key sets.

Here. Skip to 4:00 minutes to bypass the soldering how-to.

Thanks Blay, I'll take a look at that when I have the time to mess with this thing. I'll probably wait for my 6 month tear down, so it gives me something to do while I'm leak testing.

This build will be evolving!

I'm very excited about the project that will transform this PC. I'm not going to give any of it away, but here's a very subtle hint (and a shot of my current living room):

20161119_135716_HDR.jpg

Is it going to be an Aquarium Case, I so want it to be an Aquarium build:clap:

Back