• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercooling build evolution

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vitalic66

Registered
Hey guys, in december of 2013, i was building my very first watercooling build. Since that time i was searching for tweaks and improvements on the esthetic side.

Today my build looks like this :

7688712015020809310721.jpg
127616201502080931171.jpg
285504201502080931432.jpg
1208202015020809315411.jpg
2533192015020809340321.jpg
3235982015020809341511.jpg

I am going to :
- remove the ****ty stickers over the PSU (was i drunk or what ?),
- change de tubing for 13/19 crystal clear (primo chill ones, masterklear is so crap, i used them and i am very disapointed),
- change the water for red pastel with blood red dye,
- remove the 120/120 rad for more clearance,
- put only straight chrome fitting (black painted ones looks so cheap and crappy),
- change the motherboard and CPU (red themed MOBO with engular HDD connectors),
- put some cable management little plastic things for the VGA and MOBO red sleeved cables (they look messy),
- change the fans for quieted corsair SP,
- put more leds, RGB ones with remote control to be able to shut them down.

I was wondering to remove completely the HDD cages to put a 5 way hot swap thing on the optical drive bays. But it won't fit on the top (i think) and i dont know if it will looks good on the bottom with the rad above it. I woud be able to hide the pump and the sandwitch.

What do you guys think about that ?

I would stay away from Corsair fans. They are crap unless you seal the gaps and mine rattle like hell pulling air from the top and bottom of the case.
Worst 100 euros I have ever spent.
Whats wrong with the masterkleer tubing? I have used it for nearly 10 years without any problems.

Whats wrong with the masterkleer tubing? I have used it for nearly 10 years without any problems.

They quickly look like if there is smoke in them, i dont know how to say it in english, but with transparent tubing in 3 mounth they were really really bad. The red ones i have now are pretty ok but i want colored coolant with clear tubing. I heard primo chill are the best (linus aprouved lol).

They quickly look like if there is smoke in them, i dont know how to say it in english, but with transparent tubing in 3 mounth they were really really bad. The red ones i have now are pretty ok but i want colored coolant with clear tubing. I heard primo chill are the best (linus aprouved lol).

I've had that too but it is more likely caused by the coolant. It could be some kind of residue from the tubing but I only have had it happen when I used deionized water instead of distilled.
Primo chill is the best tubing as long as you use the advanced LRT instead of the "pro" one.
I've heard that the cheaper variant have had some issues.

I would advise buying colored tubing instead of dyes. Dyes tend to cause cloudiness and gunk up microchannels in CPU blocks.
Primochill red+black tubing and you can do nice looking runs with them.

They quickly look like if there is smoke in them, i dont know how to say it in english, but with transparent tubing in 3 mounth they were really really bad.

You're describing the tube starts to cloud up as its not clear anymore as it was brand new and possibly plasticize.

I've had that too but it is more likely caused by the coolant. It could be some kind of residue from the tubing but I only have had it happen when I used deionized water instead of distilled.
Primo chill is the best tubing as long as you use the advanced LRT instead of the "pro" one.
I've heard that the cheaper variant have had some issues.

I would advise buying colored tubing instead of dyes. Dyes tend to cause cloudiness and gunk up microchannels in CPU blocks.
Primochill red+black tubing and you can do nice looking runs with them.

I agree. PrimoChill Advanced LRT is the premium choice of all tubing for pc water cooling atm. I wouldn't go with dyes. You should do some research before pursuing that route. Know the consequences involved. You want some change, cover some of that red and add some RBG LEDs as you said.

How are you temps? What tubing and fluid are you using now? How long have you had the loop? Whens the last time you have done maintenance?

Can you give us a list of your loop. Don't know what your loop is connecting to the front. Not sure how much rad you have there etc.

Back