• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please check if everything is compactible and suggest

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

prajwal007

Disabled
Hey guys. ( ENTRY TO HARDWARE !!!!!!! )
I am building my first budget gaming pc (not buyed yet)

So my specs are
cpu - amd fx 8350
mobo - Asus M5A99X evo R2.0 ATX AM3+
gpu - Zotac geforce gtx 660 192 bit 2GB
Ram - G.Skill ripjawsX ddr3 16gb (2×8) pc ram 1600mhz
HDD - Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 rpm
Case - Corsair spec- 03 red atx mid tower
PSU - CM thunder 700watts psu
Dvd driver - Samsung SH-224DB/idds dvd drive
keyboard and mouse - CM Cooler master storm devastrator
Monitor - Benq Tft RL2455HM 24inch Monitor
headphone - Philips shm1900/93 PC headsets

Will every thing check out fine
I want oc my cpu around 4.5 (i have seen people doing more than 4.7 )
Can suggest me other headphone around this price
I think my mobo dosent fit in my case please check that too

Thanks a lot guys

For a gaming pc switch to 8gb of gskills ram 2x4.

For overclocking you will need to add a cpu cooler like the cooler master 212 evo.
Possibly look into a different board. That one typically doesn't do well with the 8core FX CPUS. Be better off with the Gigabyte 990fxa UD3 rev. 4

Also look into a more quality psu

..........Off to pcpartpicker. BRB

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/s2HRyc

Check that one out. Didn't change a whole lot and didn't add in the dvd drive, kb, mouse and monitor.

Also do you have a operating system to put on it. If not add another $100.

Last edited:
...also, the GTX660 GPU is pretty dated and you'll likely want something a little more modern. Something around a R9 280x or better.

The mobo you posted and the one ray posted will fit the Corsair case you mentioned, however; that case has a max CPU cooler height of 157mm and most good coolers(including the CM 212 EVO Rayray mentioned) are 160mm and larger. You may want to reconsider the case for one that allows for 170mm CPU coolers.

Yea didn't remember the height of the 212 evo. The 280x Would also give you better performance along with more VRAM

You're not telling us what your budget is but with the prices of SSD's
I would consider one (~128GB) for your OS plus your 1 TB HDD.

seeing that the later 8350 cpu's are much lower leakage than the early cpu's he just might be fine. he can always disable 2 cores and have a kicking 6300.
I agree that the case is a little on the small side.

I know people have already told you, but make sure to check out pcpartpicker.com to make a build. Their software tells you if everything is compatible and what issues there might be.

Back