• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally doing the htpc/steambox thing and loving it.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ottoaxel

I'm years behind the times, but have to say I've been missing out. Like the htpc/steambox thing so much I just put together a great little, dedicated rig. HDhomerun prime, amd A8-7600, asrock fm2a88m extreme 4, gskill 2400, 250g samsung 850evo (great special at newegg, $120, or I woulda gone cheaper) with a 3g hd for media storage. I know, intel tromps all over amd apus, but man, it really is a snappy little beast that plays games and movies on decent settings smooth as silk. I'm really impressed with it. Only peave is it won't post at specced xmp speed on the memory. No idea what's going on there, need to fiddle with it more, but I'm kind of over the whole tweak/crash cycle. (yes I know its what overclockers do, and this is an overclocking forum).

Kids an I just wrapped up some lego, lord of the rings, couch coop time with our new xbox 360 controllers, meanwhile it was recording some movies for me to watch later. Once the new raspberry pi 2's are more available I'll build a couple extenders for some of the other tvs in the house. Good times!

Back