• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monitor #3 starts flashing whenever I play Netflix.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

moab

Registered
I run three monitors. (Hopefully my set up is in my sigline. It's been a while since I've been here.) And an ATI Radeon HD 5670 card. Everytime I reboot it has a hard time opening in all three monitors. And everytime I start netflix monitor #3 starts flashing and won't stop until I reboot. Do I need a new card? Or are my cables just messed up? Something wrong with my version of Silverlight?

Definitely a software issue then.
Have you tried using Netflix from a different browser?

What windows OS?

I had similar issues on W8 before upgrading it to 8.1

the Silverlight issue can cause the black flickers.

probably amd their drivers do weird stuff with flash and silverlight, unless you are using html5 that's what id suspect... actually it does weird stuff with html5 youtube used to bluescreen my pc in chrome.

come to think of it are you using chrome?

I uninstalled and reinstalled silverlight. My one monitor still starts flashing on and off everytime netflix starts playing a video. Also when I do a "shutdown" the same monitor does not come on. I have to "shutdown" and restart with the button on the front of the computer several times before it gets recognized or whatever and starts lighting up. Otherwise it just says no signal. But if I do a "restart" all monitors come on no problem. Maybe a wiring issue?

Sometimes on the shutdown I will wiggle wires on the back of computer. But I have no proof that that fixes the problem. Could be that the monitor in question just starts working on the third or fourth or whatever shudown/restart. As I continue to wiggle and plug and unplug wires on the back. Trying to get the third monitor to be recognized. It never just comes on from wiggling or replugging wires. So that information is probably null and void and of no use. Just thought I would mention it.

This really sucks. I really enjoy watching netflix on my computer. But I don't want to buy a new video card unless I know that is the problem.

Back