• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Judge my build!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Awesome glad to hear that i usally always go over just a few hundred watts for video cards that require a cerain amount GTX 970 requires 500 or greater outside of some small additions this will be my final build of this generation Next will be DDR4

@ Renderious Ya it is a pretty nice size case i saw it in person at microcenter and i was luky to have my elementary school close and get torn down so i garbaged picked this huge awesome desk they had in the art class lol sooo ill be solid

what will this build be used for? If it is just for gaming one 970 will last you awhile. And when it doesn't just throw another in there like you plan on. No reason to go for a 980 when you already have a 970 in my opinion.

Enderfect whats the primary purpose of the build?

Will you be overclocking?
If gaming what screen resolution?

Last edited:
Gaming Prob slight OC to CPU and GPU I Live in a pretty harsh area where heat and room tempature is a slight issue at times Mostly 1080 Res until i can afford a higher res monitor

Gaming Prob slight OC to CPU and GPU I Live in a pretty harsh area where heat and room tempature is a slight issue at times Mostly 1080 Res until i can afford a higher res monitor
What's your average ambient temperate?
Is your budget around $1200.00?

It would be a bit difficut for me to explain but i own 90% of the parts right now.. im getting the case cpu water cooler and mobo today this is just a addon i posted merely what the final product would be

Ambient temps room temp id say prob around 70-85+ degrees between spring summer computer area is upstairs in a old house all i know is in summer if im unable to have my air on the room is unberable

What are the temps in the room the pc will primarily be running? They can have a pretty big impact on overclocking.

Thats why i said Slight overclock lol which i may not even just wanted to know if the build looked good lol everthing else i can handle :p

I Am curious about the huge debated argument of ram size though for gaming... 8gb or 16 seems to be argued alot im not opposed to dropping the pric a bit lol

It would be a bit difficut for me to explain but i own 90% of the parts right now.. im getting the case cpu water cooler and mobo today this is just a addon i posted merely what the final product would be

Ambient temps room temp id say prob around 70-85+ degrees between spring summer computer area is upstairs in a old house all i know is in summer if im unable to have my air on the room is unberable
Well since you have high ambient temps in the summer and because it's also for gaming I would suggest going Intel I5 4690k/ Asrock extreme Z97 4. The AMD 8xxx put out a ridiculous amount of heat especially when overclocked. The I5 will also give you, depending on the game equivalent or better Fps. You also will not need a huge cpu cooler to keep the temps down nor a Psu larger then 650w.

This is the build I was going to suggest before you said you have most of the parts. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/8GWmJx
I Am curious about the huge debated argument of ram size though for gaming... 8gb or 16 seems to be argued alot im not opposed to dropping the pric a bit lol
16g will only benefit you if you are using more then 85% of the 8g. For example if you are only using 4g you will see no difference if you have 8g of ram vs 16g. I use 8g of ram and never have any issues gaming but if spending the extra money isn't an issue get 16g

Do you have central ac? If so and your vents are on the floor could do what I do in the summertime. I set my case directly over the vent. Blows cold air directly into my case.

Depending on bill situation i have ac running and my pc is right next to th air coming in but ya to late for me to go to intel perhaps on my next build lol this is basically like i said the updating of a semi recent build like a decent 4 part extension just wanted to make sure it looked ok to others as well im still relatively new to PC building pointing out a bottleneck im very dry in i eventually intend on making this build a AMD/ATI Build then next build will be intel nvidia just cause it sounds fun to do and the clor scheme would match

But thanks for all the help Cant wait to put this beast together im sure my temps will be fine cause other summer hot summer i was air cooling my cpu with a ****ty cooler master n520n everything was stable this case im going H105 water which is supposiby better

Depending on bill situation i have ac running and my pc is right next to th air coming in but ya to late for me to go to intel perhaps on my next build lol this is basically like i said the updating of a semi recent build like a decent 4 part extension just wanted to make sure it looked ok to others as well im still relatively new to PC building pointing out a bottleneck im very dry in i eventually intend on making this build a AMD/ATI Build then next build will be intel nvidia just cause it sounds fun to do and the clor scheme would match

Am I missing something, you said :

im getting the case cpu water cooler and mobo today this is just a addon i posted merely what the final product would be
If you're getting the case cpu water cooler and mobo today why can you not go Intel? I'm just looking to get you, the best bang for you buck. If you want to go AMD I have no problems with that. I love my Fx 8350, I will suggest getting the Asus 990FX Sabertooth over the CHV. The CHV is made for extreme overclocking and is total overkill for your needs.

Last edited:
Back