• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Love your case? Do you think others would like it? Post here.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Blaylock

"That Backfired" Senior Member
As many of you know I've been working on a thread of OCF recommended cases. Well, I'm at a point where I need your help. If you love your case, it's still available and would like to recommend it to others, then post it here. I'll try and find a nice review of it and add it to the list. This list has been growing steadily in the last 6 months but I know there's a lot more great cases out there.

:salute:

Thanks T_J. I'll see what I can find on this case.

BTW, I think you mis-read what I posted. I don't write reviews...not yet anyhow. But I'll see if I can find a good review of it and add it to our list of great cases.

It also depends on what a user wants in the case. I really like my Mountain Mods U2-UFO Duality, though it's a bit pricy for the average user! I found that my Silverstone TJ-07 was getting a bit cramped with the water cooling equipment, so when I found this one in the classifieds I jumped on it.
View attachment 159784

Tech Jessie, I added the Merlin ST10, but was unable to confirm a few things as I couldn't find a suitable review of this case. If you could please look over what I've added and double check what's there.

Since you have the case please confirm the following:

1. What Rad/fans can be mounted at the front? Additional mount req?

2. Does the case come with a pump mount location or additional bracket?

3. Please measure the distance from the PCIe expansion slots to the nearest HDD Cage with and without cage if it's removable to determine Max GPU length(s).

4. Please measure the distance from the back of the motherboard tray to the right side panel to determine cable management capabilities.

If you know of a review site that you trust please list that here so that I can add that as well.

Thanks

Mandrake, I wasn't able to locate a decent review of the duality. I did find a review of the standard U2-UFO though. Would recommend that one too? It looks like a very high end case as well.

Mandrake, I wasn't able to locate a decent review of the duality. I did find a review of the standard U2-UFO though. Would recommend that one too? It looks like a very high end case as well.
That is my case Blaylock, the "Duality" is just an optional front panel which gives you the dual front bays and 2 x (3x120mm) worth of raddage or 6 120mm fans.

Tech Jessie, I added the Merlin ST10, but was unable to confirm a few things as I couldn't find a suitable review of this case. If you could please look over what I've added and double check what's there.

Since you have the case please confirm the following:

1. What Rad/fans can be mounted at the front? Additional mount req?

2. Does the case come with a pump mount location or additional bracket?

3. Please measure the distance from the PCIe expansion slots to the nearest HDD Cage with and without cage if it's removable to determine Max GPU length(s).

4. Please measure the distance from the back of the motherboard tray to the right side panel to determine cable management capabilities.

If you know of a review site that you trust please list that here so that I can add that as well.

Thanks

Here is the info you requested,
1. What Rad/fans can be mounted at the front? I mounted a 120.4 "Monsta" in the front running fans in the front and back of the rad. Additional mount req?
none. My case came with drop-in top radiator mounts and Integrated Radiator Mounting for the front.

2. Does the case come with a pump mount location or additional bracket? No, however you may order a Bottom Accessory Mount or Reservoir Mount. You
may also use one of the blank Plate Attachments I removed when installing the rads. Their a heavy gauge aluminum that you may drill and mod to mount a
punp or a pump/res combo.

3. Please measure the distance from the PCIe expansion slots to the nearest HDD Cage with and without cage if it's removable to determine Max GPU
length(s).
From the 120.4 "Monsta"80mm thick with fans on both sides I have 15.75 inches from the I/O plate or 5.25 inches from the end of a R9 280X Tri-Fire.

From the back of the motherboard tray to the right side panel door is 1.5 inches.

My case also came Fully Assembled with 8 Flex-Bay 5.25 Device Mounts, general purpose mounting brackets for 5.25 devices. Tech station kit, case feet,
interior Grommets and Spare parts kit.

Thank you for your help TechJessie. If you could confirm one more thing the ST10 will be complete.

Is the rear fan mount a 120mm or 140mm?

Just bought and am thoroughly enjoying my Phanteks Enthoo Pro.

The linustechtips review is pretty solid

Here is a case I built in a few years ago.
I highly recommend this case for anyone wanting to build using a full blown custom water

This build houses 4x 120.4 rads out of the box , ample room for reservoirs, pumps and just about anything you can think of.

In the proper config I could actually add 2x 120.3 rads to this build

Top quality 100% aluminum construction

CaseLabs TH10

View attachment 159922
View attachment 159923
View attachment 159924
View attachment 159925

Witchy I absolutely love the way that copper looks, kudos to you for having the gumption to take on that task!

If anyone has a Caselabs Mercury S5 or S8 to show off, please do, I am looking at it(S8) as a next upgrade in my watercooling ventures.

Love my Switch 810, but quite frankly I would love more space.

Last edited:
Ya the Switch 810 looks like a nice case, but think it's over priced compared to some of the others. The Enthoo Pro is only $99. Here's a quote from the anandtech's review of it.

Anandtech said:
NZXT's case is a good one, but not great, and definitely not competitive at $169.

I picked that up long before the Enthoo Primo was released (long before the Pro). Otherwise, the Primo would have been my instant purchase.

Right now though, I am wanting to really expand my watercooling setup with a very roomy case and such, thus my interest in the Mercury S8.

Definitely. CaseLabs seem to be awesome cases but still to pricey for my taste.

Guess I will throw mine in here...

It is old, but effective, looks good, and have no plans to replace it any time soon.

These pics are from 7 years ago when I first built it, so GPU has been updated since then. I cut a few holes in it to improve cable management, and cut a hole underneath the PSU that allows me to mount the PSU fan side down, which also helps cable management.

P1010615.jpg

P1010616.jpg

P1010613.jpg

P1010612.jpg

Back