• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MATX case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

S_I_N

looking to go MATX for space saving reasons. While I have been looking I thought maybe you lot could help me with your experiences. And yes it has to be MAXT not ITX as I still want to sli some Strix 980's under water of course.

What I'm looking for is no wider than 12 inches or 305mm. Would dearly love it to support dual 45mm or 60mm thick 120mm or 140mm rads (240mm 280mm) a 360mm would be a huge plus for one of those two rads. Can be push, pull or push/pull. Length and height not 100% a concern as I can make the room on the shelf it needs to sit on just cant make it any wider lol. Not overly concerned about optical support as I have an external drive for those rare occasion I use one.

parts to be cooled will be the sli's Strix 980's and a 4790K so I'm pretty sure I can get those comfortable with dual 120's/140's

Thanks for the help

oh and almost as important as the width it needs to be light weight as well.

only support a single 240mm rad dont think thats enough for cpu and 2 gpus theres barely enough room above the mobo for a fan lol. I have my air540 still and put it on the shelf last night and dangit if it aint 13inches and the leg just falls off the shelf

You're talking about 300W of GPU and 100W of CPU.

Put a 60mm or Monsta in the front and you're good.
I think you can put fans between the front grill and the case like on the Air 540 as well.

looking at the 350D now the Arc mini R2 is a heavy beast lol just 6 pounds lighter than my 780T the 350D is almost half the weight of my 780T so thats heading in the right direction lol the reason for light weight is the span of the shelf is 50 inches with no way for me to add extra support due to my monitor and sound bar mostly the monitor as it just fits under without the stand and its wall mounted as well heres a pic that might help explain it better.

20150210_135241_zps6d197faf.jpg

I'm looking at putting the case into that left corner of the shelf.

Last edited:
well after almost all day of researching maxt cases that fit my 2 main specs (light and less than 12inches wide) I have decided against doing a maxt for now. Going to see what I can do with the 2 cases I already have on hand the Air 540 or the 780T I think I can make the 540 work but I'll have to beef up the shelf a bit. At least make it wider. So ordered my Strix 980's and the blocks for them as well as some different fans to try something different.

Back