• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FrozenCPU - Potential temporary Operational issues?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
They may be flooded with calls right now. Or it may be worse. If I were in your shoes jack I'd just get the few fittings you need elsewhere and try and recover the funds when this all blows over(being optimistic here).

They may be flooded with calls right now. Or it may be worse. If I were in your shoes jack I'd just get the few fittings you need elsewhere and try and recover the funds when this all blows over(being optimistic here).

I am ready to go to PCS and just order the darn fittings and be over with this but I am waiting to see if FCPU makes a darn statement or the packaging phase ever moves to shipped. I'm driving blind here. :bang head

Also, the main 70+ main thread from OCN is back now but edited back down to 63+. Not sure what they were editing.

Also, the main 70+ main thread from OCN is back now but edited back down to 63+. Not sure what they were editing.
SMFH @ OCN... again. 'dat place man... only good to sell stuff or spend lots of time searching for its great information because its a damn mess.

Originally Posted by 47 Knucklehead

Since this thread is linked to by a ton of other sites, lemme grab a couple relevant posts from the other thread to bring people up to speed.

Bottom line is: FrozenCPU IS closed.

1) Why did it close? That is up to massive speculation.
2) Will it re-open? Who knows. The official word from the owner is, yes, it is "open" (but all signs point to "open" meaning "not out of business" because the building has been physically closed for days).
3) When will it re-open? No word yet, even from the owner.
4) Can I call them and cancel my order? No. The telephone numbers are disconnected.
5) Can I email them? Sure. But no one has gotten much of a reply from them in days.
6) Can I still order stuff online? Yes.
7) I placed an order already, can I cancel it? Yes, but so far, since no one can get in contact with FrozenCPU, you have to put a "dispute" in with PayPal or your Credit Card company.
8) How long will it be before I get my money back? Paypal takes about 10 days. Credit Card times vary.

Now for the highlights from the other thread.

I just called both their toll free number and their regular number, and it immediately went to the phone companies "You have reached a number that is no longer in service" message. Still they are taking online orders. Two people who I know who have placed orders in the past 3 days have not gotten any update as to the status of those orders. Still no replies to my emails.

Take it for what you will.

And for those who don't believe me and don't want to waste their time trying things for themselves, here is a little video I did this morning showing what I just reported.

Originally Posted by notarat

So here's some video evidence from someone who went there today

Honestly, he doesn't really have to give any explanation as to what happened. He doesn't owe anyone an explanation as to the inner workings of his business.

What he does OWE people is at least something on his web site, where people are still giving him money by placing orders and charging then shipping that won't be able to be made (ie if you ordered a pump that was in stock and you ordered it yesterday or 2 days ago and paid for overnight shipping because your system is down, as a business owner and merchant account holder, you have a LEGAL OBLIGATION to customers you took money from to do everything within your powers to fulfill that contract, or at least let people get a refund promptly).

That "something" doesn't have to be anything revealing, maybe just "We are experiencing difficulties in shipping items priority. We will ship your order as soon as possible. We appreciate your business and you will be taken care of. If you need a refund because you can not wait a couple days, please send us an email requesting a refund."

That will fulfill his requirements as a business owner with a merchant account who is taking peoples money over the internet and not responding to them. Again, he doesn't owe ANYONE any explanation other than people who he took money from. He hasn't done that. That is unacceptable in the world of business. The longer he does these sort of things (like keep taking money online, not issuing a statement, and having is phones put in to "out of service" mode by the phone company) the more his companies reputation will be damaged, and the greater likelihood that law enforcement and civil suits WILL get involved to straighten this mess out.

He can EASILY stop all this with just a simple post like that on his site ... and let the customer choose if they want to place an order or wait for it.

But he can't escape things by disconnecting his phones and burying his head in the snow.

Source

Oh, my purchased items are being packaged alright................

Mind you website is still up taking peoples money and most don't even know wtf is going on. This is really bad, bad, bad.

Looks like I will be purchasing through Performance-PCS. The only problem I have is they don't have the other fitting I was purchasing just in case I change the angle on one fitting. (BP-30R2CPF-CC5)

And after reading all of that you get this..............

Originally Posted by Insula Gilliganis
Would be nice if Kyle would give out a little more info on his contact with Mark Friga especially since no one else seems to be able to contact the guy. Why has Mark decided to relay that FrozenCPU is still in business through Kyle instead of posting this on his website, FB and Twitter pages? Is what Kyle posted a quote from Mark or just Kyle's summation of what Mark told him.
I reached out to Mark Friga through the same email address that I have used to contact him for years. He wrote me back on that email account.

No, I did not quote the entire email, but here you go, all to the point.

Quote:
On Feb 10, 2015, at 3:52 PM, Kyle Bennett <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: Closing

Is this true? Can you give me an official statement to share with the world true or not?

http://www.overclock.net/t/1540656/i...huts-its-doors

Mark's reply:

Quote:

We had an employee walkout and we are re staffing as we are running a skeleton crew.

Please bare with us while we ramp back up to 100% employee capacity

Sent from my iPhone

People in the community are saying that FrozenCPU is out of business, so I asked the owner about it and reported it.

Source

Maybe Kyle would be so kind as to show him my "summary" post and ask him to comment on what he means by the term "closed". Does he mean "closed" as in he isn't selling the company, or does he mean "closed" as in there are people in the building putting parts into boxes and shipping items out the door.

Fact of the matter is, his telephone lines were working yesterday and we were reaching his PBX system and getting the "we are closed" message then. Today, the phone company message when you dial the same numbers say the number is no longer in service. That takes authorization by someone in charge to have the telephone company put your lines into "out of service" mode.

Further, there was a video shot at 10am TODAY showing that no one has been there in days and that they were not "physically open". I would love to hear his response to that.

Lastly, since no one is actually shipping anything, ask him why he hasn't placed a message on his "News" section saying that if you place an order with rush delivery, it won't get there next day.

So ask him to respond to those direct questions please.

I would love to hear his official response to those very direct questions.

This knucklehead figure has put together and asked great questions with thorough speculations. I think its looking more and more dire today than yesterday.

One guy even said this..........

In have used them for 4 orders since 2011 and they always shipped same day and well packed.
I fact my last order came inside a empty liquor box (might be a clue)

Update: A few posts by a supposed anonymous employ posted some comments that might shed some light on what happened and whats been happening here.

Update: More images found.....

Posted By ChaosActual

i was on reddit lookin around and found MORE of these pics of the warehouse.

GcIIwm4.jpg

j3BkwkQ.jpg

25XJ3UY.jpg

iM02CiN.jpg

H2TTjHY.jpg

FVfle9J.jpg

f7wGky0.jpg

From what I gather about the red post-its, Mark fired 2 employees in front of customers....

Last edited:
Based on everything going around regardless, it would not surprise me at all if those damaged interior pictures were in fact legit alongside FCPU being closed. For Mark to not say ANYTHING to the public about this, is a huge red flag in my eyes since the site is up as per normal taking peoples' money and no warning to tell them otherwise if they aren't checking forums.

I'm not a legal expert, but surely this is shady business practice of some sort....

I haven't shopped there in years since PPC was always cheaper for me, but if FCPU does indeed go down it is a sad day for the water cooling enthusiast segment.

Finally the website says it is not taking orders. It says that it posted the message on the 15th but I went their yesterday and it wasn't their now it is, take from this what you will.

Finally the website says it is not taking orders. It says that it posted the message on the 15th but I went their yesterday and it wasn't their now it is, take from this what you will.

Nope. Don't see what you're saying. Its still open season, taking ppls money if you will.

It's down in the news section. At least he finally said something publicly. Still a bad situation for the pc mod community though.

So small that you can barely see it. So to your point, he may be taking orders, just not processing them. At this point, If he takes orders, I consider it scamming. I hope he isn't though.

He has been taking orders for a week now. Thank you for pointing it out to me everyone. Regardless, going to be pursing a claim on the CC since I put a purchase on Tuesday, last week.

Thank you Mr. Scott for the illustration. Hope you end up buying it as someone said once. lol

For all we know, someone hacked the site and posted that. If the cart is still on going than people could still place orders otherwise this is legitly shutting it down finally. Its not visible as you have to scroll down to see that. Lets just hope that you can't purchase anything.

This is a drag.

Kinda off topic

It would be an interesting statistic to see how AOI solutions have affected the sales for custom water parts.

be it positive or negative ?

This is a drag.

Kinda off topic

It would be an interesting statistic to see how AOI solutions have affected the sales for custom water parts.

be it positive or negative ?

Drag? Yes. Criminal, possibly since it took them a week of orders coming globally to finally apparently shut it down while phones were disconnected and emails weren't answered. They were also taking a hit on their credit as they were saying in the forum (OCN) from a ton of chargebacks and getting their money back from my understanding. Its a holy mess and they were the only ones that had not only the biggest inventory for custom and modding but some of the best CS and shipping than anyone else. It really is a blow to our community and I am very sadden by it.

AIOs actually to some are a introduction to custom water cooling. Others will stick with AIOs while a minority will go back to air. I read it all the time so its not so bad but losing FCPU the powerhouse and the inventory they had will surely be a blow to the community unless they somehow pull a miracle. All the ex-employees who basically ran the company for years said they weren't interested in coming back because of the owners personal problems that would spill over in the business let alone wasn't there all the time as the employees were literally from their accounts if true were running it all. I am just taking their words for it on the OCN forums. A few people had created a few profiles, even an apparent wife of one of the employees and spilled the beans if you will. The people who were effected obviously were the customers still pending a order, the employees and their livelihood and lets not forget the manufacturers that would be owed LOTS of money. Its really sad all around.

Last edited:
Would be interesting to see if one of the other (few) companies can buy out the inventory. The banks will eventually liquidate everything if it comes down to that.

Is a shame they are shut down i was about to spend a asstonne of money with those guys.

they have a ton of stuff you can't get anywhere.

I consider myself lucky I got my product shipped when I did. I ordered a Swiftech H240 on 2/5 and it was shipped on 2/6 and received the following week.

Basically anything shipped before the incident (7th) got out.

As far as buying the place, I heard the inventory is in the $5+ million range. That's a lot of dough and mostly already bought sitting on the shelves.

Primochill has finally made a statement and opening their site to purchases.

Thank you Mr. Scott for the illustration. Hope you end up buying it as someone said once. lol
Even in it's current state, I couldn't touch it. Not enough up front capitol.
The place still has a high value attached.
Seen this before. Some people just don't know when they have life by the *** and manage to screw it up anyway. :shrug:
The employees got big balls to just walk away. Good on them.

The problem with buying a place like that is overcoming what has happen. No matter what the cause or who's fault it was, it still happen. It would be like basically like starting a new business. Vendor credit and community reputation all has to be built from the ground up.

Back