• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FrozenCPU - Potential temporary Operational issues?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
DAM..... That really SUCKS
I remember I had a dispute over 2 7950 water blocks. They both had the same NSN (National Stock Number) and both were marked as Copper. When I got them one was Copper (longer box) and the other was Nickel (shorter box). I E-Mailed back and forth with him (it was EKWB's fault) and found out that he used to be a SeaBee.
I had just talked to my wife about this very same thing.. I have been buying my stuff from PPC since FCpu had closed it's doors. I had told her that if FCpu ever came back, I was a customer for life. A couple of years ago, I ordered some colored coolant from FCpu that was NIS. I received a PERSONAL phone call from FCpu (Now that's CUSTOMER SERVICE) to let me know that my order was on hold. I could go with a different brand (same everything) and have my order shipped that day, or wait until they received a new supply of what I had ordered and then ship it.
A couple month's ago, when I started using PPC for my stuff. I had the same thing happen, the item that I ordered was NIS. I didn't know about this until 3-4 days later, when I checked on my order. It said that my order was on hold, SO I CALLED THEM. Just to find out that my item was NIS and if I picked a different brand, I could have it shipped that day!!!!

Sooooooo sad, that such a great business had to fail because of the BOSS :(

Yeah it very unfortunate. I lost $40+ as I did a claim with the CC company but somewhere I got lost and the bills were paid for it. So no fittings. I am fine with losing that much but would feel horrible for those that had spent $100s if not $1000s. I am sure claims were made and disputes were placed and hopefully they were all taken care of. Really unfortunate to see our worlds #1 inventory gone. Hope the person involved gets some help and hope the ex-employees find their footing.

3NjjId.jpg

Oddly that photo is a landmark for Mnpctech. I made a lot of $$$$$$ from that build allowing me to expand our machine shop. I always get paid before my work commences, but I know that FCPU still owes other vendors money.

Site down until further notice
February 21, 2015
FrozenCPU.com will not be taking new orders or processing pending orders for at least the next 30 days. We currently are attempting to hire new staff to get things moving again. We apologize for this inconvenience. - Mark Friga Jr.

Why is the site still there?

Who's paying the bills to host it?

Didn't everything get sold off on Craig's List?

It's still open, I placed an order with them yesterday and received confirmation from UPS that my package will arrive today, did the overnight thing seeing how I didn't want to wait over the holiday weekend. They don't have internet sales over the website for whatever reason, I didn't place any orders when they were on the outs, and it looks like it might finally be some life in FrozenCPU. I was hesitant to place an order over the phone and through PayPal with them, but seeing how no one knows what's going on there it was worth a shot (mainly cause they were the only place in the world I could find this product).

The craigslist was most likely a pissed off customer, I found the add unlikely cause there wasn't enough detail, I mean seriously, can you imagine the number of products they should of listed for potential buyers. I'm sure they made some enemies for poorly handling the situation, which might be part of the reason they are not accepting online order as they can't get accounts set up. Not sure who exactly is in charge, but they are accepting orders over the phone, will update when my product arrives.

I wish this never happened with FCPU cause having multiple options for our cooling needs is great, but it is what it is. I wasn't there to see what actually happened, and I find it hard to believe what I can't see, and no, just because it was written about on the internet doesn't make it true. Will they get all my business Hell NO!! but I will use them again if they can get it together and be as good as they used to, time will tell.

It's still open, I placed an order with them yesterday and received confirmation from UPS that my package will arrive today, did the overnight thing seeing how I didn't want to wait over the holiday weekend. They don't have internet sales over the website for whatever reason, I didn't place any orders when they were on the outs, and it looks like it might finally be some life in FrozenCPU. I was hesitant to place an order over the phone and through PayPal with them, but seeing how no one knows what's going on there it was worth a shot (mainly cause they were the only place in the world I could find this product).

The craigslist was most likely a pissed off customer, I found the add unlikely cause there wasn't enough detail, I mean seriously, can you imagine the number of products they should of listed for potential buyers. I'm sure they made some enemies for poorly handling the situation, which might be part of the reason they are not accepting online order as they can't get accounts set up. Not sure who exactly is in charge, but they are accepting orders over the phone, will update when my product arrives.

I wish this never happened with FCPU cause having multiple options for our cooling needs is great, but it is what it is. I wasn't there to see what actually happened, and I find it hard to believe what I can't see, and no, just because it was written about on the internet doesn't make it true. Will they get all my business Hell NO!! but I will use them again if they can get it together and be as good as they used to, time will tell.

I hope you receive what you ordered. If it were me, I'd stay away. i am curious about the outcome.

Doubt its coming down anytime soon.

Edit Ooops sorry its longer....

Updated Date: 23-jul-2009
Creation Date: 30-aug-2000
Expiration Date: 30-aug-2018

Please update us as to whether you do/don't get your order.

The "add to cart" function was gone for a long time, but it's back up now.
Maybe it's coming back?!

Scott lives close to them, think he drives by this place every now and again.
Last he said is it was dead,

Maybe Mr Scott can do another recon just to make sure. The last one I saw was still in the winter.

In either case I can't see how anyone can trust the company anymore. Even if they do come back... I personally would never order from them again.
Though I do have to say it was to go to water cooling place since that is where I went to back in the day.

I have a feeling Mr. Scott's weekend will partly consist of the the B's. Beer, Barbeque, and Benching.
The 3 B's :)

I got the order I placed yesterday afternoon around 3CST delivered today while I was out running errands, nicely boxed and packed securely, the same item I ordered was what I got. It was the CHV-z Water Block, It's EOL so it was really hard to find anywhere, lol. I know you say you don't need it, but I don't like the fan to blow cool air on the VRM so I did need it.

The add to cart is working, but they don't have online billing yet, it was all over the phone they sent me a confirmation in email for a PayPal request and I paid it, yes I was a bit worried until last night I got an automated response from UPS saying my package should be delivered today. Whether I would spend 1k there, probably not, but for this item it was worth the risk in my book.

I have no clue who is in charge, if it's under new ownership or just some responsible management, but I'm impressed they got the item out yesterday and it shipped to me overnight (yes I paid for overnight shipping so it wasn't something special). To me it's a step in the right direction of getting back to business. Will they ever have the trust and loyalty they once had, most likely NEVER. I do feel there is still a place for them in this hobby though, for such a small community, which seems to be getting larger it is a good thing to have more than one source for your needs, my opinion.

Great news there, hopefully this is a sign toward the positive!

Sure thing, I can't say it will go the same for everyone, but it worked out for me so I'm happy.

That really is great news. I do like PPCs, but I liked FCPU a little more. I'll likely still take the majority of my business to PPCs but options are always good.

Back