• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FrozenCPU - Potential temporary Operational issues?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Interesting. Just talked with them last week and they seemed to go out of their way for a refund for something (of which I need to finish up on). I'll give them a ring and see what happens.

20 minute drive from me. Checked it out earlier today while I was out. No activity at all. Place was un-plowed, nobody there, totally dark. Not even tracks in the snow from deliveries. I believe it.

Just bought some fittings and rigid tube three days ago. They have applied a ups tracking number, but who knows...I will keep you posted on its arrival. Loved that place.

So what to do those of us that placed orders with them do?

Edit: nvm, ordered more than a week ago, but its finally coming according to UPS, was wondering why I haven't received my order yet.

Last edited:
Crap ...... my preferred place to order from. I hope the package I got today was not my last and they get things back in order again.

from what i read this is not confirmed, it is rumor. There are people that ordered as recently as 2 days ago that have active UPS tracking numbers. This could be far from innocent in nature.

I didnt get home until they were closed or i would have tried calling.

Holy crap I just received a package from them Monday that I ordered on Friday!

Last edited:
Wow, what awful news! I hate to see a good business go down for something stupid like addiction. I hope he gets better.

Get ready for PPCs to raise their prices even more than they already are. ��

This might serve the community better in the vendor section though.

Last edited:
Company goes "out of business".

Website mentions nothing and maintains full functionality. Orders not cancelled, no notice on their site. Gift cards for sale.

As for their proof

Bob is the greatest person I've ever known
-ATMINSIDE

Bob is correct about everything.
-Mr. Scott

I just don't buy it. Makes zero sense for a tech company to maintain a fully functional website (when thats their primary source anyway).

I'll simply call them tomorrow, we'll see what happens. All it takes is for one bitter ex employee to know they aren't there for a week to spread this kind of stuff.

Originally Posted by gabe@swiftech on overclock.net
Hello all,

I need to officially retract any statements with respect to Frozen CPU closing down made by our rep here. We have no official information in that respect. I do apologize for any confusion on the part of our rep, which was caused by an informal conversation we had and that should have never been publicly disclosed.

The truth of the matter is this: nobody except Frozen CPU insiders really know what happened, and I for one have been unable to contact any such insiders.

All I can hope is that this could be a temporarily thing, and if it is not, then I am personally saddened by the news.

Gabriel Rouchon
Chairman & CEO, Swiftech.

And this on hardforum.
Kyle_Bennett HardOCP Editor-in-Chief said:
We just heard back from Mark Friga, the owner of FrozenCPU.com, a long time enthusiast community supplier, and he explained to me that FrozenCPU is in fact not going out of business as rumored earlier today. He said that FrozenCPU is currently running a skeleton crew and to please bare with his company while the it is ramping back up to 100% employee capacity.
http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1041419154&postcount=79

What ever happens with it... it use to be a great place to get parts from. Only time will tell if it truly is open for business still.

Originally Posted by gabe@swiftech on overclock.net

And this on hardforum.

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1041419154&postcount=79

If you read through that thread, multiple people visited fcpu to see only closed doors and empty parking lots. That along with the skeleton crew statement means something happen, so I would hold off on orders for a while.

I sure hope it gets worked out though. At the very least, fcpu needs to put something on their website...

Back