• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FrozenCPU - Potential temporary Operational issues?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
First, I'm in the UK

Second, I'm new to water cooling but have known about FrozenCPU for a long time and appreciate the good reputation they have built up over the years

I've recently been buying components for a custom loop and deliberately, albeit with a little disappointment, avoided using FrozenCPU due to the things that have gone on since February this year. I've just been using them as a resource, a library or inventory of components to help me decide what would work for my loop.

So yesterday, I had a few parts left to order that I couldn't get elsewhere, so I thought I would chance FrozenCPU as it wasn't going to be for high value components. My cart was $130. Got to the checkout and the online ordering doesn't work. Rang them up and they said their systems are down for online orders and they cannot accept UK credit cards for phone orders. They also said their PayPal payment system was down, but they could accept a wire transfer. After seeking advice I decided to look elsewhere.

They emailed me this afternoon to advise the total cost would be $242 to process the wire transfer. Now, bear in mind I will have to pay an additional $30 for the wire transfer and an additional sum for customs/import duties when the goods arrive in the UK. So, for a $130 cart I would have ended up paying over $300 using a payment method that offers zero consumer protection, for goods that quite simply are not worth that amount of money.

I'm not trying to trash-talk FrozenCPU and I have absolutely no axe to grind. I honestly hope they do recover as there is a shortage of resellers within the niche water cooling market that have such a wide variety of components from so many different manufacturers.

Just thought I would share my experience.

ModMyMods has a short window of opportunity to capitalize on any ill will towards FCPU, but they have to come up with the goods soon or people will buy what they need from the devil they know and then FCPU will start to regain it's market share again.

First, I'm in the UK

Second, I'm new to water cooling but have known about FrozenCPU for a long time and appreciate the good reputation they have built up over the years

I've recently been buying components for a custom loop and deliberately, albeit with a little disappointment, avoided using FrozenCPU due to the things that have gone on since February this year. I've just been using them as a resource, a library or inventory of components to help me decide what would work for my loop.

So yesterday, I had a few parts left to order that I couldn't get elsewhere, so I thought I would chance FrozenCPU as it wasn't going to be for high value components. My cart was $130. Got to the checkout and the online ordering doesn't work. Rang them up and they said their systems are down for online orders and they cannot accept UK credit cards for phone orders. They also said their PayPal payment system was down, but they could accept a wire transfer. After seeking advice I decided to look elsewhere.

They emailed me this afternoon to advise the total cost would be $242 to process the wire transfer. Now, bear in mind I will have to pay an additional $30 for the wire transfer and an additional sum for customs/import duties when the goods arrive in the UK. So, for a $130 cart I would have ended up paying over $300 using a payment method that offers zero consumer protection, for goods that quite simply are not worth that amount of money.

I'm not trying to trash-talk FrozenCPU and I have absolutely no axe to grind. I honestly hope they do recover as there is a shortage of resellers within the niche water cooling market that have such a wide variety of components from so many different manufacturers.

Just thought I would share my experience.

http://www.candccentral.co.uk/ is my favorit site for buying watercooling in UK. Never had one issue with them, and I buy from Denmark. Just a tip since ur new to the game.

I hope EK doesn't hold any ill feelings towards M3 do to the FCPU fallout. I really hope MmM starts carrying EK.

Yeah, with most of the same employees rejoiced in one company, I honestly see "Triple M" rise to the occasion and gets basically the same inventory that FCPU has.

I'm really curious to know the story after the fallout on FCPU. Did they run into a investor that backed them up to bring the main team of ol'FCPU together or what not, etc.

I also wonder for example, how many bridges and contracts FCPU has ruined. For example, I see the new Black Ice Nemesis Radiators but can't find the older SR1s when they had stock piles of them.

This is a guess but I think they might just be running on fumes over there. Just selling what they can left of their big inventory, possibly but who knows.

Somehow they are still afloat and its been a while after the meltdown so only time will tell what their financials are like. Same goes for MmM hopefully they have some smart business minded people in their bunch that will allow them to surpass FCPU's success. Its nice to see them give it a shot on their own, it takes some balls to open your own business.

Yeah, with most of the same employees rejoiced in one company, I honestly see "Triple M" rise to the occasion and gets basically the same inventory that FCPU has.

I'm really curious to know the story after the fallout on FCPU. Did they run into a investor that backed them up to bring the main team of ol'FCPU together or what not, etc.

I also wonder for example, how many bridges and contracts FCPU has ruined. For example, I see the new Black Ice Nemesis Radiators but can't find the older SR1s when they had stock piles of them.

This is a guess but I think they might just be running on fumes over there. Just selling what they can left of their big inventory, possibly but who knows.

You have a PM. ;)

Most established businesses run on short term credit for inventory. I don't know if FCPU will get any more new inventory until existing vendors have been paid. After this last episode, I'd imagine most new vendors would require a cash and carry account until credit worthiness and trust could be reestablished.

MMM will also need to prove they weren't part of the problem in the FCPU past and can establish themselves as a viable business.

FCPU has burned a lot of bridges and MMM hasn't built them yet. Will be interesting to see how this works out.

Most established businesses run on short term credit for inventory. I don't know if FCPU will get any more new inventory until existing vendors have been paid. After this last episode, I'd imagine most new vendors would require a cash and carry account until credit worthiness and trust could be reestablished.

MMM will also need to prove they weren't part of the problem in the FCPU past and can establish themselves as a viable business.

FCPU has burned a lot of bridges and MMM hasn't built them yet. Will be interesting to see how this works out.

My thoughts exactly.

FrozenCPU FINISHED!

New information! Seems Mark Friga Jr. has gone off teh deep-end again and is still doing drugs on FrozenCPU premises IN FRONT OF HIS NEW EMPLOYEES!

Excerpts taken from FrozenCPU's Official Facebook page:

[[[[>David Gebo (September 25 at 6:57pm): FrozenCPU is officially closed all employees have walked out due to not being paid please do not call because there will be no one there!!!

>>Nathan LeDuc: How do you know this?

>David Gebo: Well i was the acting CEO for 6 months

>>Nathan LeDuc: I don't think that is right, but I don't know enough to call you out on it. So I'll accept it. Any ideas if they will be resuming? Owner going off the deep end again?

>>>Vincent Del Vecchio:This sucks because I just got my two orders in the mail a few days ago. [frown emoticon]

>David Gebo: I dont think fcpu will continue operations. Yes the owner is off the deep end again.

>>Vincent Del Vecchio: Did EVERYBODY walk out? Doug too? He helped me with my previous order and someone named David helped me before him. I can't believe Mark hired an ENTIRE new staff and just turned around and didn't pay any of you guys. That's pretty messed up if that's the case? Were you just not doing enough business or something?

>>>Chris Ginja: Hate to say this, but when is inventory getting liquidated? Been buying from Mark since early 2000's.

>David Gebo: My wife and i were left in charge, we hired an intire new staff. Yes everyone walked out! Not one person was paid. This past week him and two of his friends came in and were doing drugs infront of the staff. Which put a bad taste in everyones mouth! Buisness was great! He just cant control himself! If you guys are looking for a new site try Modmymods.com a few of the guys from fcpu the old crew started something great!

>>Vincent Del Vecchio: David, if this is indeed true (and I DO believe you), THANK YOU for sending out my two orders BEFORE walking out. I cannot afford to lose money. I am physically disabled and on a fixed disability income. If FCPU had not shipped my items, I would have been **** out of luck. Thank Doug for me too, if you can.

Mark is an addict and he needs to get help. If he wants to coke out, he should do it somewhere private or at his house and NOT at a place of business. I am not one to tell a person what to do with their bodies or whatever but don't bring other people into your f'ed up world; especially employees just trying to make a living.

I just don't understand how he can continually keep screwing up. He has an AWESOME and INCREDIBLE business with a community that literally would throw money at his feet for all the amazing stuff he sells if he could just do business like a normal human being, separate his personal life from his business life, and take responsibility for his actions. He has STILL never apologized to ANYBODY about what happened originally back in February. Even a video, or hell - A LETTER of apology here, would of helped him out.

But anyways, thanks for helping me that one time on the phone. You got my order out to me in 2 days. I guess that won't be happening anymore...]]]]

I am Vincent Del Vecchio. I can vouch that David was acting CEO and was working for Frozen and Mark Friga up until a few days ago. I placed two phone orders and David got my (rather large) orders out to me in 2 days! Unfortunately it looks like Mr. Friga Jr. is back to his old antics again and coking himself out (this time IN FRONT of his employees). Just don't bother with Frozen anymore. What was once a lucrative, incredible webstore isn't even a shell of its former self due to an abusive, addiction riddled owner, who can't help but screw up over and over again.

New information! Seems Mark Friga Jr. has gone off teh deep-end again and is still doing drugs on FrozenCPU premises IN FRONT OF HIS NEW EMPLOYEES!

Excerpts taken from FrozenCPU's Official Facebook page:

[[[[>David Gebo (September 25 at 6:57pm): FrozenCPU is officially closed all employees have walked out due to not being paid please do not call because there will be no one there!!!

>>Nathan LeDuc: How do you know this?

>David Gebo: Well i was the acting CEO for 6 months

>>Nathan LeDuc: I don't think that is right, but I don't know enough to call you out on it. So I'll accept it. Any ideas if they will be resuming? Owner going off the deep end again?

>>>Vincent Del Vecchio:This sucks because I just got my two orders in the mail a few days ago. [frown emoticon]

>David Gebo: I dont think fcpu will continue operations. Yes the owner is off the deep end again.

>>Vincent Del Vecchio: Did EVERYBODY walk out? Doug too? He helped me with my previous order and someone named David helped me before him. I can't believe Mark hired an ENTIRE new staff and just turned around and didn't pay any of you guys. That's pretty messed up if that's the case? Were you just not doing enough business or something?

>>>Chris Ginja: Hate to say this, but when is inventory getting liquidated? Been buying from Mark since early 2000's.

>David Gebo: My wife and i were left in charge, we hired an intire new staff. Yes everyone walked out! Not one person was paid. This past week him and two of his friends came in and were doing drugs infront of the staff. Which put a bad taste in everyones mouth! Buisness was great! He just cant control himself! If you guys are looking for a new site try Modmymods.com a few of the guys from fcpu the old crew started something great!

>>Vincent Del Vecchio: David, if this is indeed true (and I DO believe you), THANK YOU for sending out my two orders BEFORE walking out. I cannot afford to lose money. I am physically disabled and on a fixed disability income. If FCPU had not shipped my items, I would have been **** out of luck. Thank Doug for me too, if you can.

Mark is an addict and he needs to get help. If he wants to coke out, he should do it somewhere private or at his house and NOT at a place of business. I am not one to tell a person what to do with their bodies or whatever but don't bring other people into your f'ed up world; especially employees just trying to make a living.

I just don't understand how he can continually keep screwing up. He has an AWESOME and INCREDIBLE business with a community that literally would throw money at his feet for all the amazing stuff he sells if he could just do business like a normal human being, separate his personal life from his business life, and take responsibility for his actions. He has STILL never apologized to ANYBODY about what happened originally back in February. Even a video, or hell - A LETTER of apology here, would of helped him out.

But anyways, thanks for helping me that one time on the phone. You got my order out to me in 2 days. I guess that won't be happening anymore...]]]]

I am Vincent Del Vecchio. I can vouch that David was acting CEO and was working for Frozen and Mark Friga up until a few days ago. I placed two phone orders and David got my (rather large) orders out to me in 2 days! Unfortunately it looks like Mr. Friga Jr. is back to his old antics again and coking himself out (this time IN FRONT of his employees). Just don't bother with Frozen anymore. What was once a lucrative, incredible webstore isn't even a shell of its former self due to an abusive, addiction riddled owner, who can't help but screw up over and over again.

WOW! Totally missed this. Can't believe the idiot owner of FCPU is acting up again. THIS just shows you how great his staff was and has my full support and respect. They basically ran and managed the place while the FCPU crackhead CEO was drugged up and parting and owed me and many others money.

I just got off the phone with FCPU as I can't fully disclose the choice of words I used for the crackhead CEO. My first call was yesterday to a different employee. Only two people work there by themselves they told me. I'm trying to get credited and use up the credit because it seems the FCPU email system sent me another "cancelled order" about my February purchase which I never saw. I'm hoping they come through so I can finally close that door and support Modmymods and PPCS.

If he has money for coke, he has money to be taken to small claims by each and every person. I'd arrange it so each person took him in one at a time. Those court fees will really add up.

That is also how you get your *** kicked by a jacked up cokehead. Walk away.

Last edited:
Well, you do not have to be in the place to call the cops, and calls can remain anonymous lol.

Also, if *** gets kicked.......guy gets in MORE trouble, and you get to sue for: injury, assault, pain/suffering.

As the saying goes, no pain no gain lol.

I wouldn't mind not getting payed. A simple award in my favor would be a win. Knowing this arse would have to pay off court fees and other stuff for an eternity before he could have fun would make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Back