• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mayhems Aurora 2 Misadventure

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Robmoo

I put together a cooling loop using Mayhems Aurora 2 Tharsis Red without doing my homework. The loop includes an Alphacool repack dual bay res, ST30 280mm, a Swifttech MCP with XSPC res top, and a Raystorm cpu block. The first time i shut the pc down for 16 hours nearly all the particles settled.

I'm thinking that if i flip the pc over and turn it on the particles that settled might mix back in. There is virtually no air in the loop so i think this is possible. Does someone have experience with the Aurora 2?

I wanted the look of the swirling fluid through a res that showed and the front of the pc. What changes would it make sense to make? The square res top on my MCP has some dead space. The bay res will have to go. It is for display only anyway. What can I replace it with for bling factor?

At this point I'm open to suggestions. I suppose I could just keep the Aurora with the settled particles for the time being.

Thanks,

Rob

I didn't have the parts to mess with my lighting that arrived today and I didn't have time to do a clean install of my OS. Asus AI2 doesn't want to play well with the new MB. There is nothing like that clean Windows 7 install smell.

Anyway I had nothing better to do so I turned the PC upside down. I got my swirl back almost instantly. The Swiftech pump had no problems with being upside down. This does solve a major problem. As long as the micro beads do not clump together, when I'm having company and want the uber-bling I turn the PC upside down and let it run a while to get the nano particles mixed back into solution. Otherwise I just enjoy red coolant unless I want to go through the trouble of turning the PC upside down, which doesn't take too much effort since it sits on top of my desk. It would be nice to have the swirling fluid all the time. I'll have to think about this one.

Back