• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SS radiator looks like it has a major problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Probably an electrician is going to be your best option. I would probably confirm the unit works properly before installing a bunch of new electrical stuff though. Che k with friends and associates for a 220 outlet, just to confirm that it works. You may have 220 installed for an ac system too.

Funny as it may sound I can't get ahold of any 220v here so I'm just waiting till I do. :mad:

Couldn't you just wire the thing right into the panel to get 220? Just make sure the two wires are going to two different phases in the panel.
We need to do this at work fairly often, electricians don't often leave us a 220v outlet during new construction.

Ya sorry I didn't see these replies sooner 😱. Still no 220 but I haven't been looking for about a month. I could go into the box and make an outlet but my house was built in 1911 and is mostly original, so I'm hesitant to mess with those old wires. So the ss is just sitting doing nothing still. I might just sell it (with a caution that it has not been tested) and look for a 120v ss, but this one is a beast.

You might want to just make a "110 to 220" box. Just grab the multimeter and an extension cord, find two plugs in your house and see if from one common to the other (one plug to the other) gets you 220. If its 110, try another outlet until you hit the jackpot. Two computer cords, into a project box, few wires and terminals, and poof, output 220.

I will do that 2 into 1 before I give up on it. It's just been on the back burner but I want this to work. I will post my results when I do it, hopefully good news!

And this thread can finally come to a close!!! On a good note!!! It works just fine.

A picture is worth a thousand words. :clap:

IMAG0076.jpg

Optimized-IMAG0078.jpg

Those pics after only 1 to 2 minutes.

I made a 220v cord with 1 psu cord, 2 laptop cords and one 50 ft ext cord to run to a different phase in the other side of the house.

I want to thank all here who get this going! seriously, I appreciate it very much. I am very happy about this!!! :D

Total cost was like $240 for this monster including shipping and after cannibalizing/repurposing the cords needed.

I spent some time last night setting up fx990/opteron 1381/gtx 550 ti with drivers and stuff and insulating vcard today.

I want to ss the 550 ti and get #1 spot for catzilla. Atm all my haswell is being used and can't be spared for this, when its freed up though there is no way it will be spared!

I need mounting hardware before i can go any further.... duh, can't belive I didn't think of that before now. :cry:

I'm looking around to order some now. Everything else is ready and I might have a lga1150 chip to run it with instead of the opteron, which would be a lot better.

Back