• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

That seemed too easy...and thanks.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Why is being a monkey derrogatory? Monkeys are among the smartest of all creatures. I'm just saying that Skyrim is a monkey whether you put lipstick on it or not. You could say any game is a monkey. It's not a bad thing to say.

Putting lipstick on a monkey is a saying.

In other words, no matter how much you dress something up, it does not transform into something else.

Last edited:
I love this forum. We can debate just about anything and make it look intelligent.��.

Back on topic though, the sticky says timings matter on these Haswell/DC builds but I still see people using the loose timings to get higher memory speeds. Is that something that changed after the sticky was written?

I love this forum. We can debate just about anything and make it look intelligent.��.

Back on topic though, the sticky says timings matter on these Haswell/DC builds but I still see people using the loose timings to get higher memory speeds. Is that something that changed after the sticky was written?

No, timings still matter.

So is there a point where dimenishing return kicks in and speed would be better?

I'd say 2133 CL9 is the sweet spot of price/performance. 2400 CL10 also performs very well, but it's getting harder to find double sided modules for those kits now.

Is the Team Xtreem 2400 C10 stuff DS?

I don't know, I use G.SKILL because of their phenomenal customer service.
Try looking up some recent reviews, I don't have time to Google it right now though.

This chip just keeps going. I'm at 4.8 with 1.35v. Intel is sure winning me over. I have some time today so I'm going to see how high I can get it stable.

This chip just keeps going. I'm at 4.8 with 1.35v. Intel is sure winning me over. I have some time today so I'm going to see how high I can get it stable.

I think your daugher would prefer a long lasting chip over an extra 1-200Mhz which is imperceptible in real life usage. Might want to ease off. You're approaching what would be considered high voltage for haswell.

I think your daugher would prefer a long lasting chip over an extra 1-200Mhz which is imperceptible in real life usage. Might want to ease off. You're approaching what would be considered high voltage for haswell.

Not really. 1.35V is still very safe, especially when kept cool.

Temps stay at about mid 70s under load and from what I read that is safe. Regardless, I don't plan to go any higher because it became unstable without a voltage boost and 1.35v is as high as I want to go for daily use. Any more and I would have to up fan speed which isn't in my plan.

Back