• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CoolerMaster V750 Semi-Modular

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TrakRailySurely

Registered
I am considering a change from the Corsair CMPSU-650TXV2JP.

CPU:FX-8350 OverClock (between 4.5GHz and 4.8GHz)
GPU:HD 7870@1200MHz=>R9-285(between 950MHz and 1100MHz)
SSD:120GB
HDD:1.5TB

And a're standing nearly three years, it is worried undiminished in too spear OverClock.
There is occasionally that the power has fallen.

I didn't understand what you said at the end there...

...are you asking about the PSU in your title if it is a good replacement??

But your current PSU should be fine with the hardware you listed... If you want to upgrade, get evga supernova g2 750w instead of what you listed as a thread title.

Last edited:
Thanks.

I, the power falls sometimes, we think too much of OverClock.
Therefore, we are considering changing the power you are using now to CoolerMaster V750 Semi-Modular.

1.How much do you need a power?
2.Is there a way to determine whether the power supply is outputting how much voltage?

CPU:FX-8350 OverClock (between 4.5GHz and 4.8GHz)
GPU:R9-285(between 950MHz and 1100MHz)
SSD:120GB
HDD:1.5TB

Your translator is not working well at all. This is an English speaking forum. I will try my best though! :)

1. A quality 650W PSU should be fine for the overclock on your cpu and gpu.
2. You can check the rails with a multimeter. If you are talking how much power your PC is using, get a Kill A Watt meter.

Is the PC stopping only when under full load?

Thanks.

As a pattern at full load
1.Nothing will not be displayed on the screen.
2.Screen freezes.(Such operations are also not accepted.)
3.Power supply is stopped.

Does not have to become almost BlueScreen.:cry:

if you don't have enough power, the system reboots typically. Freezing is the sign of an unstable overclock.

Test one at a time. Stress test the cpu with prime95 alone. If that works for a while, stop it. Then test with unigine heaven or unigine valley. If you have an unstable cpu overclock, it should freeze on the clu test.

How far have you overclocked your CPU? Looking at your board that isn't the best board for overclocking a 8 core FX processor.

How far have you overclocked your CPU? Looking at your board that isn't the best board for overclocking a 8 core FX processor.
That's actually the first thing I checked was its power delivery area. 6+2 and in the green. So its OK...

http://www.overclock.net/t/946407/amd-motherboards-vrm-info-database

EDIT: What I did just notice is the OP is using the BCLK to overclock which of course raises memory speed. I would go back to stock, and try ONLY multiplier as maybe he is raising it past where the ram is stable.

That said, please post screenshots of CPUz Trak. The First tab, Memory, and SPD please...

Last edited:
Power delivery could cause you to crash when overclocking, but like RayRay said, the board you are using isn't the best for overclocking FX processors. Were you having issues when you were at stock clocks?

Things I see...

1. Your bios is old as hell. Update it. EDIT: You can't that is the latest bios.. disregard!!!
2. Your memory, as suspected, is running out of specifications (though I see the timings are looser which should help.. but...)

Try what I said. Go back to stock profile and use only the multiplier.

Using the multiplier to overclock will be easier for you to get a stable overclock. Not as many variables to deal with starting off.

Thanks.

BIOS far as I know is the last version of the M5A97 PRO.
When FX-8370 came out even BIOS has not been updated in M5A97 PRO.

The BIOS is there a way to update the M5A97 PRO?:confused:

m5a97.png

Back