• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

500GB Samsung 850 EVO - $195 AC @ TigerDirect

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
$199 on Newegg without a coupon, FYI.
Just in case someone doesn't like TD (I know some don't)

Sounds good, though I see lots of complaints about rebates, I've never personally seen anyone complain about a coupon.

+1

Tiger screwed me over on a "game code with SSD purchase" a few months ago.

I ended up doing a charge back through my CC and was refunded the value of the game, but I avoid TD now. It would take some insane deal (and one without any form of rebate or other "post-purchase" perk) to get me to look in their direction.

If it's just a straight up transaction, you're probably fine, and I bought from them a few times before the SSD incident without issue, but if there's even a chance you'll have to deal with their customer service department, avoid it like the plague. You WILL waste countless hours with reps who could care less whether you ever shop there again. Save yourself that most precious commodity (time) and just spend the extra couple of dollars to buy stuff on amazon.

All fair points. I guess I will just consider myself lucky for never having any problems with TD so far.

I just know some people who refuse to use TD is all :thup:

I became one. Unless I walk into the store myself for some reason (maybe a monitor), I avoid them because of the rebate games. If they do have an "honest" price, I toss them in the list. At the store, though, I have to admit, for monitors in particular, they're good. It's the one thing I don't buy online, and I need to have a place I can return a monitor to if there's so much as one green, red or black pixel staring at me, refusing to let my eyes move onto the text or imagery around it.

I became one. Unless I walk into the store myself for some reason (maybe a monitor), I avoid them because of the rebate games. If they do have an "honest" price, I toss them in the list. At the store, though, I have to admit, for monitors in particular, they're good. It's the one thing I don't buy online, and I need to have a place I can return a monitor to if there's so much as one green, red or black pixel staring at me, refusing to let my eyes move onto the text or imagery around it.

This is why I buy Dell monitors now, they will warranty for just one pixel on anything with the "Dell Premium Panel Guarantee".
http://www.dell.com/learn/us/en/04/campaigns/dell-premium-panel-guarantee

This applies to the 3 year warranty for UltraSharp (U Series), Professional (P Series), and Alienware monitors.
It can also be upped to 4 or 5 years if you get the standard extended warranty on these models.

Newegg had it for $189 on valentines day. I just paid $220 for it from them 2 days earlier...pissed.

Back