• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fried GPU?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tiluzzolol

Hey :)

What happens is, 1 minute after powering on my computer my Asus 970 GTX stops sending signal to the monitor. This happens always and exactly 1 min after powering on the computer, regardless if i boot in to Windows or i stay in the BIOS.

What could have caused the problem:

I overclocked her, increased power target to 120% (max), tried stock voltages (1 175) and went up to 1 195, tried 1 185 too (Asus GPU Tweak tool).
Tried these settings in different combinations: Core 1400 - 1468 Vram 7800 - 7832 Temp Target:90 C

The temps where fine 75 C, but i never managed to reach stability, PC crashed a few times. At 1 195 there were some artifacts to be seen when standing still in game - then the pc crashed or i turned it off, after rebooting i encountered the problem.

I tried to reseat the card and it's power connectors, tried different PCI - E slots, resettet CMOS.
Then i plugged in my old Zotac 295 GTX, that i kept for emergencies, it worked! I uninstalled drivers and the OC program.

Nothing helped, the problem is still persisting.

Any ideas? RMA? Can't imagine that i damaged the Asus, i raped my Zotac waaay harder and had it for 6 years, running up to 100 degrees. :confused:

Back