• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What hardware is needed?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NiteSmoker17

I have a couple of friends that live 3 houses from each other and one wants to share his network with his other friend but they can't get a good enough signal to make it work. The friend ( a) bought a range extender but it didn't seem to help. What if any hardware (b) purchase that could get him there? All I have seen is its a tower with a pci nic card with external ant. could something like an cable extention and maybe a higher dpi antenna get him there? If so what should I look for ?

can make a cantenna :) i made one and i get a 32% wireless G signal from about 1000ft. was trying to link me and my cousins networks.
tp-link also has some BA antennas for like $45 on newegg reviews say with one on each end you can go like 3+ miles with them. think satellite dish looking antenna (((((>

Back