• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Killed MCP35x. replacement advice?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dyckah

Hey there, had a bit of a cold snap a little while back, and my PC is in an unheated room, on a day where it was -8 c I turned on the PC without thinking. Shortly after getting to the desktop, it turned itself off. I am now realizing that was probably a thermal protection shutdown. Now if I attempt to turn on the PC, I get no movement from the water, although water levels never went down. I realize what happened is that the pump probably burned itself out trying to run while the water was most likely a block of ice inside it. With the Canadian dollar being the way it is, I would prefer to buy from a Canadian site, such as dazmode. However, the 35x is not a pump that they list. Leaning towards the 355, would my 35x top fit on the 355?
Loop is a 120.3 rad, CPU block, and res.
Or is there a different pump you would recommend? Or a different Canadian retailer to look at for my WC parts? I used to get everything from ncix, however, they seem to have stopped carrying any water cooling parts.

Compare the raw specs (pressure, flow, noise level, power draw) and the size.

Hmm..the mcp50x uses more power(25.8w vs 18w), is larger(2.4x2.4x1.8 vs mcp35x@ 2.44x2.44x1.38), more head(15.8 vs 14.7), less flow(3.8gpm vs 4.7gpm), same maximum pressure(22psi). Sort of looks like it trades blows with the 35x.
Looks like I'll have to do some pondering on this one.

If you don't want to get it from the states, take a look at this D5 from Dazmode.

Also, can you hear the pump at least even though the fluid isn't moving? It might possible that its still alive while everything is frozen.

If you don't want to get it from the states, take a look at this D5 from Dazmode.

Also, can you hear the pump at least even though the fluid isn't moving? It might possible that its still alive while everything is frozen.

Haven't tried listening to the pump yet, but things are no longer frozen (10-15c the past couple weeks), and I am still getting no movement of water. However, on the plus side of things, there doesn't appear to be any leaks, although a very long leak test will be performed after a new pump is installed in the system. Still choices to ponder, just had to renew car insurance, and rates went up $300 over last year($1500 to 1800!!!)! So fixing toys will probably be put on the back burner for a few weeks at least.

well, just got my tax return, time for a little splurging.
anyone here know if performance pc's pays for the brokerage and stuff if i ship to Canada via FedEx, $55 for 3-5 days, or if i should just stick to getting it sent via USPS, $60 for 10-30 days, to avoid those high brokerage fees

well, just got my tax return, time for a little splurging.
anyone here know if performance pc's pays for the brokerage and stuff if i ship to Canada via FedEx, $55 for 3-5 days, or if i should just stick to getting it sent via USPS, $60 for 10-30 days, to avoid those high brokerage fees

I would contact them on Monday.

I would just use Dazmode.com for everything.
Likely not much more and if its doa you can RMA through them within 30days

Ended up getting a few parts that dazmode does not carry through PerformancePCs. Got shipping via USPS, as FedEx brokerage fees would make the cost extraordinarily high.
Hopefully I remembered everything I needed, otherwise a few parts from dazmode will be required. Can't wait for the parts to show up in the mail!

although in the past i have used NCIX almost exclusively, they have mistreated me a couple of times now, and i no longer wish to give my business to them.

Back