• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Z87 or Z97...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I got yelled at once when I didn't know what I was doing like 10 years ago by a guy at a computer shop for wanting to buy an old chipset mobo to save some money.
"Always buy the newest chipset!" he barked at me. So I did.

Now I always buy the latest chipset. Because I don't want nerdy store clerks to yell at me.

Its not about the money, its about the value. I cant see anything more than the bare minimum of improvements performance wise between Z87 and Z97. (Who knows, a year from now I might kick myself in the ***)

Its not about the money, its about the value. I cant see anything more than the bare minimum of improvements performance wise between Z87 and Z97. (Who knows, a year from now I might kick myself in the ***)

It really is pretty silly to buy z87 if buying today, but if it makes you happy, then go for it.

Back