• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrade Questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TBsteve

Hello everyone. I have looked at other upgrade question threads and have come to the conclusion I should make my own!

As it says in my bio...I am rocking:

GeForce GTX 670
4GB RAM
on a i5 3570k 3.4
2x monitors ACER 1080p @ 64hz
power supply: corsair cx600

I am looking to upgrade to this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487075&cm_re=gtx_970-_-14-487-075-_-Product

I'm guessing I would need to upgrade my RAM to 8GB?

This is all me just throwing ideas out there... any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

Your sig says you're running 8GB?
If not, since you're probably gaming with that GPU, I'd recommend at 8GB or more.

3rd edit I fixed my own problem. Now as to my original question, will my power supply be sufficient for the new graphics card?

Last edited:
Alright, thank you. Sorry for the stupid question. Just still learning.

Hope you don't mind me asking one more question...I ordered the graphics card, what do I have to do with my PC when replacing my old one? Do I just replace it or is there anything I have to get rid of before I take the old one out?

You'll want to uninstall the current GPU driver, shut down the system, replace the GPU, then install the new driver.

Okay, just wanted to make sure it WAS as easy as I thought it would be :p

Enjoy, I just grabbed a couple of those for myself, I love having micro center close 30 min shipping, my wallet not so much.

Yeah I guess that is the saving grace of not having micro centers in Florida haha my wallet stays relatively safe

Back