• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NZXT Kraken X61 + NZXT Phantom 820 = ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DoesThisFit

Quick an simple question, will the Kraken x61 Water cooling fit into (or rather, on top of) the Phantom 820 case?

Thanks in advance!

It's just that I prefer advice from people who know what they are talking about, rather than some website that is, after all, trying to sell their product :p

They can in trouble for that if they did. False advertisement isn't something a company would try to attempt to bolster their sales. Sure it has been done in other industries but if caught, its more than a slap on the hand.

Yes, the Xraken X61 should fit.

:rofl: You beat me to it as I was looking at the same link a min ago. :p

Oh, that's pretty cool! Thanks :D

That case is not the 820.
This looks like a mid, when the 820 should be an ultra.
I have a full size tower, and the Kraken didn't fit.
I had to drill my own holes to be able to mount it.
None of the built in holes were scaled to fit either the x61 I have, nor the x31 I have.

I am interested in getting an 820, since I want the Kraken to mount more securely.
Does anyone in fact know if the case is directly compatible?

That case is not the 820.
This looks like a mid, when the 820 should be an ultra.
I have a full size tower, and the Kraken didn't fit.
I had to drill my own holes to be able to mount it.
None of the built in holes were scaled to fit either the x61 I have, nor the x31 I have.

I am interested in getting an 820, since I want the Kraken to mount more securely.
Does anyone in fact know if the case is directly compatible?

You must have a old design case. Most newer gen. cases can fit a 120.2 rad.

You should have no problem fitting a Kraken in the 820. Usually they're compatible if they're coming from the same company.

Yeah. I have the first Phantom case.
It doesn't have a series number or anything.
I was assuming this was the case, I just wanted to try and get a solid answer before spending money.

Yeah. I have the first Phantom case.
It doesn't have a series number or anything.
I was assuming this was the case, I just wanted to try and get a solid answer before spending money.

• High-end water cooling solutions up to three fans for a push-pull configuration: 90mm of internal top space with top 280/360mm and bottom 240/280mm radiator support for unmatched liquid cooling

Source - NZXT 820 Website

Back