• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking AMD FX 6300

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shiftex

Hello
I would like to ask if someone could tell me if i could overclock my procesor to gain abit of performance "because i think my CPU bottlenecks GPU"
Here are the specs of my computer

Mobo: GA-970A-DS3P (rev. 1.0)
Cpu & Cooler: AMD 6300 FX & Cnps10xOptima
Ram: 1x8Gb Kingston HyperX FURY 1600 speed
Power Supply: XFX 550w TS
Vga: Sapphire 280x 3GB "Not overclocked"
Hdd: 1T Wd black barracuda
O/s: Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Case: Zalman Z3

And i have to say the computer is preety new 5 months.When i want to overclock i keep running into this problem in CpuID my procesor keeps downclocking
even if its not overclocked "i suppose because of my mobo"...I hope that you guys can help me with overclocking since i only want better performance :)

Absolutely don't OC on that motherboard, it doesn't have the VRM for it.

What he said, the PC downclocks because it's trying to save it's life and your parts.

So what good budget mother board should i get ? And i have heard somewhere on one website that this procesor clocks on your needs lets say i dont play anything it downclocks and when i play it goes and stays at 4,1ghz

Go with the board Johan posted. I had my 6350 overclocked to 4.8Ghz on that same board. Very good board for the price. Even took my 6350 to 5.2 at times during benchmarking.

Back