• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

From mid 2010 to date FF has gone from ver9 to 35ish? WTF? not any better

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DocClock aka MadClocker

I have slowly been disilusuioned by the constant updating of FireFox to newer and "cough" better? UI?

One of the most annoying things about FF is after version 28, the search window no longer hilights the text already there, so yo can just type over the previous search, but now, I have to click in there, hold ny right arrow down yill I get to the end of my previous search and backspace to get rid of the earlier search..what a freaking pain. It seems like I spend more time backspacing than I do actiually getting anything done with FF.

I really liked Pale Moon, until they decided not to support XP..not sure if it is available for Linux but they left a bad tast for me by suddenly dropping support for XP.

Opera is TOO stripped down for my likes..the worst peeve for me about Opera is no "email link" is available...You have to copy the link from the address bar and open your email client, and then past and send the link.

The bad thing about this "new feature" in FF is there is NO information about it...I've googled my butt off and I can't find anything relevant to the issue.

I realize that there needs to update for compatibility issues, but come on, since version 4 there really has been no reeal need to update it except for Flash and maybe a couple of Java flaws...I mean it's a browser, not an OS so other than security issues I see no need for constant updates that eventually force your loyal customers to different platforms..like where I'm headed.
Thanks OCF for giving me a place to vent which is just this post is.

sorry about the bad grammar...venting does that..I'll just leave it that way because of the mood.

Last edited:
i agree the constant updates are annoying especially when the update breaks current extensions. i also hate what happened to the search bar. i seem to remember being able to triple click to highlight all the text but that doesnt work either anymore.

i do think the UI did get a little better and it does seem faster than past versions.

Back