• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Frame rate logging

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Erik89

Hi,

I'm looking for a software that will allow me to make a graph of the frame rate in games. For example writes the value for the current fps to an excel sheet, so that they can be used to create a graph.

Does such a thing exist?

Rivatuner should do the trick. As far as how you actually do so with the software, I don't really know as I've never used it for that purpose. I've only used it to display a windows with some stats, but I know it does allow logging of said stats.

I have used Rivatuner for displaying stats in game, maybe it can be made to store the values.. I'll look into it :)

Riva is supposed to have a "log to file" button (source from 2007), but I cant find it.

I'll try Fraps.

Fraps does indeed have a logging function, but it gives you the min, avg and max values only, and not a data point for each second. Still, its very useful.

You are completely right. I overlooked the check boxes. It does just what I want it to, writes to a .csv file that I can open in excel

Thanks for all your help.

Back