• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RTS for seven year old?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

somegeek

Any suggestions on an RTS for my seven year old son? He saw me playing Supreme Commander and liked it. He gets a few hours of game time per day and so far likes Roblox, Minecraft, Prodigy... an easy to play, basic RTS would be sweet to put in front of him. Any suggestions? Older titles are fine too as well if the help him cut his teeth.

Thanks in advance.

somegeek

Age of empires may be good. The red alert games don't have a lot of base building so that may be helpful.

World in Conflict Hands down. It is a purely tactical RTS. There is no resource gathering or base building whatsoever. You just capture points on the map for your team. You are also limited to controlling about 15-20 units per player at a time at the most, and in many cases, such as helicopters, 5 or 6 units. It focuses on tactics. It is one of the most fun RTS games I have ever played.

I guarantee you the kid will love it.

World in Conflict complete edition (WiC + WiC Soviet Assault) is $7.99 on GreenManGaming if you input the ever-present 20% off voucher on their front page.

If you can run older Windows games WarCraft II or Star Command Revolution/Deluxe are great starter RTS'.

I vote Age of Empires II: The Conquerors Expansion. Awesome, awesome game. I think I started playing it around that 8, too.

heroes of might and magic series are all great :)

starcraft is also another good one.
i started playing that when i was around 9 or 10 i think (thats how old it was when it was released)
that one and age of empires were good ones when i was younger, and still good now!

Back