• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Arctic Accelero S3 Passive Graphics Card Cooler Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Today, we get a chance to review an Arctic branded cooler, the Accelero S3 Passive. As the name states, this cooler does not come with any fans, so it would be dead silent. Arctic overcomes forced air movement cooling by using a large heatsink surface and heatpipes to get heat away from the core. Clearly, something like this isn't made for high end GPUs, but something in the mid-range area it is said to handle without a worry. I strapped the unit on the recently reviewed MSI GTX 960 Gaming, a solid mid-range performer, to see how it does. Read on for more details!

Click here to view the article.

The question i think then is.
Does a Well ventilated Case (good case fan airflow) = passive ? In my mind passive is no fans , dead silent , otherwise whats the point as most fans make noise.

Half the time in my case's the GPU fans are not much more or any more audible than case fans are and i run most on lower performance mode's.

And i run noctua nf12's In most of my system's.

So it comes down to what people consider good temp wise and what they expected when they purchased a Passive cooler.

Back