• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Swiftech H220-x

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GamerDK

Hi,
I'm considering installing a Swiftech H220-x Water cooler but I'm a bit worried that there will not be room for it due to my RAM modules. If someone here has this cooler could you please measure the distance from one side to where the reservoir/pump housing begins (marked in red on attached drawing). From pictures I can see that it is approximately half the width of the radiator but I think it's going to be close:eek:

Attachments

• Swiftech H220X dimensioner.jpg
    Swiftech H220X dimensioner.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 142
If it doesn't clear the RAM just move the radiator forward one spot.

That said, you should be clear with room to spare.

Thanks - I hope you are right. The next spot is 5 cm forward and then I think I'll hit the 5.25" ODD

Do you honestly need an ODD? I haven't put one in a tower since 2012.

I'm not kidding but I just had to google what an ODD was because I didn't recognize the term. If you really want one, just buy an external USB drive, the prices are cheap enough these days.

Anyways, it is 64mm from pump to edge of the radiator. From the edge of the reservoir where the drain port is located is 41mm.

On a side note. Where are you mounting this? That case looks huge and most pics I see of it with the H220-X have the radiator mounted to the top...

The case is a Corsair 450D, I removed the top drive bay to make more room for the H220-X.

900x900px-LL-d7e76873_paEi7Hu.jpeg

900x900px-LL-27aa95ce_ftxdZ0R.jpeg

Source

Only images I could find with that combo on the interwebz. Hope this helps.

:welcome: to OCFs btw. :D

I'm not kidding but I just had to google what an ODD was because I didn't recognize the term. If you really want one, just buy an external USB drive, the prices are cheap enough these days.

Anyways, it is 64mm from pump to edge of the radiator. From the edge of the reservoir where the drain port is located is 41mm.

On a side note. Where are you mounting this? That case looks huge and most pics I see of it with the H220-X have the radiator mounted to the top...

Thanks for the measurements - now I can check if it can be installed without modifications or I have to find an alternative to my ODD (or just live without it). I plan to mount it to the top of the case.

Back