• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

suggest me awesome gaming monitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

prajwal007

Disabled
Hey guys
this is my first build
my rig is
Intel Core i7-4790K
Zotac gtx 980 amp exetreme edition

The monitor should all these
1ms respone
Resolution 3840 x 2160

Well i will be playing high end games like battlefeild 4 and COD advanced warfare

Budget
(500usd)or(50000Inr) so please suggest

well i live in india so please suggest me which is available in india
some leading online shops are

flipkart.com
snapdeal.com
amazone.com

Just suggest me and find that monitor on any of these websites

Thank you guys

Last edited:
I would want more than a single 970 for 4K resolution.
How about 1440p instead?

I wouldn't go 970 in 4K either... I'd want all 4GB available...

Like others have said, go 2560x1440/1600 with a single 970.

I have that monitor and yes it is good for gaming but you want more than a 970, you should go with a lower res monitor because of the 970s issues with resolutions at 4k, like the above posters said.

I have that monitor and yes it is good for gaming but you want more than a 970, you should go with a lower res monitor because of the 970s issues with resolutions at 4k, like the above posters said.

I too have that monitor, and there is one tiny issue with gaming on it. It's not a deal breaker by any means, but should be noted: Ghosting. Particularly when VSync is on at 4k, ghosting of brighter colors is highly noticeable (Portal 2 being the only title I've tried that I've noticed it in). It's also highly ignorable, at least to me. If you can ignore it, this thing is a beast at $500. 4k @60hz with 1ms response. Killer specs for a killer price!

How are you seeing ghosting at 1ms response... Is that grey o grey?

If it has a 1ms response, shouldn't it not be ghosting?

This article explains it better than I could, but here's the piece that pertains to this discussion:

"The ‘Standard’ setting shows a fairly bold primary trail and a faint secondary trail, typical of a TN panel without effective grey to grey acceleration. The ‘Faster’ setting changes the appearance of the primary trail slightly, making it somewhat fainter. The second trail has as good as vanished using this setting. The ‘Fastest’ setting introduces an extreme amount of overshoot (inverse ghosting), obvious artifacts from overly aggressive pixel overdrive (grey to grey acceleration). Really this setting only exists so that Samsung can claim the monitor to have a 1ms response time. In actual fact response time varies considerably depending on the shades involved in the transition and are considerably slower on this particular transition when you’re not running the ‘Fastest’ setting. As these images highlight the pixel responsiveness is a bit weaker than our fast 60Hz reference, which you can see has only a weak primary trail."

Then it goes on to discuss particular ghosting experiences in games. So, while "technically" a 1ms response time, actual results are slightly less impressive. Like I said though, it's definitely not a deal breaker.

Edit: Definitely should also mention that the stand is pretty terrible, and isn't VESA compatible, so your stuck with it. It doesn't feel like it'll drop the monitor or anything, but it's not sturdy at all. Again, no deal breaker.

Last edited:
Back