• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this a good PSU?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Probably not? Never heard of the brand, but not sure who the oem is.. It's not very efficient which likely means it's older...

What system is thIs powering? We can help choose a good one.for you.

In my signature is a link.to quality power supplies.... Look there

From the little I have read about them they are junk

However, I have no practical / user experience with the brand

I would just say no when there are so many proven units available.

Lately I like the eVGA/Superflower units as price, performance and warranty are all top shelf

Have a 1600 eVGA incoming, hope it is enough :screwy:

i already bought it, i tested it and it's verry silent it's not a modular PSU, i want to build an AMD 8 core based gaming pc in the future with only one good video card (i'm thinking AMD R9)

Silence is NOT a sign of quality. Assumingit can put out the power its label says, cleanly, you will be ok...

Best of luck... but a new psu would be on my list as witchy said.

Last edited:
You're going to put an FX and R9 on that PSU???
That's a ticking time bomb...

The lower end model seemed fair enough, but not sure if this bigger one is the same platform or not...and I can't find a UL# to see who makes them.

I wouldn't overclock on that thing, that is for sure.

The lower end model seemed fair enough, but not sure if this bigger one is the same platform or not...and I can't find a UL# to see who makes them.

I wouldn't overclock on that thing, that is for sure.

Their rated spec shows 0.1V of 12V rail droop at load. That alone screams "don't do it".

Also, the 520W version is only good to a total of 386W on the pair of 12V rails. I don't think this 620W is going to have enough to push an 8-core FX and an R9 in tandem...

Edit: Apparently the 620W is rated for 39.5A of 12V. Very iffy for me, especially with their rated droop.

It did nearly 40A in the testing above. That is why I said it would be fine at stock. Particularly if he is not folding/mining/running both the GPU and CPU at full tilt (unlike a gaming load which is less). I'm sure it will handle that at stock though, I just wouldn't do it for extended periods not knowing the internal quality.

As far as the droop. ATX spec is 5% which is 12.6 and 11.4 respectively. So .1 is WELL within spec and not a concern here.

Last edited:
I remember years ago being excited about a terrible PSU like that. Guess everyone needs to see one shoot flames out the back at least once. No way would I run an AMD chip and a R9 on that and expect it to hold up.
I've never understood these threads asking for validation on a bad purchase that the OP already ordered.

(not that the current PSU is sane either though I got it in a trade, but at least it probably won't burn my house down)

The reviews for the ones on Amazon are actually pretty positive. Could be a regional brand like Xenohitsu said.

Back