• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Questions on Swiftech H240-X

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HumbleWanderer

Hi guys, I'm thinking of buying the swiftech h240-x, and I have a few questions ...

Firstly, what performs better in terms of both temperatures and noise levels, the swiftech h240-x or the CM nepton 240M?
Secondly, if I want to use the h240x for BOTH gpu and cpu cooling, and I have an nvidia gtx 770 and an i7 4770K, will I need a 240 or 360 rad?
Finally, could I have some suggestions for radiators to add to the swiftech? Swiftech themself sell a 360 rad I believe, and the ThermoChill PA120.3 also looks good. Any ideas guys?

Thank you in advance for any advice and answers you guys might have! :)

First, the Nepton isn't as good as the Glacer. That said, the H220-X will outperform the Glacer.
Second, I would simply buy 240mm unit and ad second radiator.
Last, grab a Swiftech QP. It's what's used on the H220-X already.

Also, make sure whether you're getting the H220-X or H240-X. One uses 120mm fans and the other uses 140mm fans.

The 220-x pretty much outperforms all other sealed aio coolers from what I found when looking at buying one. The other benefit is that it can be expanded down the road, which if cooling a cpu and gpu like you are is needed. As stated above, a swiftech rad would be fine but pretty much any radiator will work. Also, be sure to buy the little adapter for the pump fitting so you can replace the lines when you expand.

So you guys recommend getting a H220X, using the 240mm rad it comes with, and also a second radiator (swiftech QP)? But I heard that the H240X was considerably better?

So you guys recommend getting a H220X, using the 240mm rad it comes with, and also a second radiator (swiftech QP)? But I heard that the H240X was considerably better?

It depends if you're looking for a radiator that uses 120mm fans or 140mm fans.
They're the exact same thing with a different size radiator.

So, guys, (bear with me because I'm a huge water cooling noob and most of this is gibberish to me, so bear with me please :) ), would buying the H240-X bye itself work? Do I need GPU water blocks or something? (because I heard that was something that existed, like I said, I have no idea really so please bear with) Would I need to replace any radiators, or add any radiators? And yes I'm fairly sure that I want the H240X.

You can buy just the AIO, yes.
I assumed you wanted to watercool your GPU as well, since you were talking about buying a block and adding a radiator.

That said, both ways will work fine, it's up to you what you want to do.

The H220/240-X cools only your CPU and is a sealed all-in-one system. The system is built, filled, and leak tested, so bolt it in and turn it on, end of story. If you want to cool your GPU also, you will need another waterblock specific to your card, and another radiator (imo). If that's what you want, there are kits by XSPC and a couple others that sell most of what you need but will need assembly that I would look at instead of the 220/240-X. To put the GPu block in and/or extra radiator you will need to disassemble and drain the AIO kit so why not build one anyways. You are voiding the warranty and defeating the purpose of buying an "all-in-one" system so I say start from scratch.

If buying the 240 make sure it fits your case like ATM said above. It probably will but double check for the width of the fans.

Yeah, I don't really feel like buying 2 AIO's, and I don't really know if I have the space for two. What opinions do you guys have on the Arctic Accelero Xtreme IV? Sorry I'm not coming across as much of an enthusiast, and more of a serious casual, but I really don't have the resources to afford to **** up with my own custom loop, if I **** up, I basically have no computer for the next 5 years or so, so yeah, sorry guys ...

For overclocking, the 770 by itself is fine? Blimey I've wasted a lot of time worrying about this ... oh well, thanks for the information guys, pleasure talking with you! :)

Sorry guys, very last questions, but is the H240X a cpu heatsink? Does it replace the cpu heatsink, or not? And finally, does adding another radiator break the warranty (as in does adding a radiator require opening up the loop)? Sorry for these noob questions, especially that last one ...

Sorry guys, very last questions, but is the H240X a cpu heatsink? Does it replace the cpu heatsink, or not? And finally, does adding another radiator break the warranty (as in does adding a radiator require opening up the loop)? Sorry for these noob questions, especially that last one ...
Yes, yes, and yes. :)

The H220/240-X cools only your CPU and is a sealed all-in-one system. The system is built, filled, and leak tested, so bolt it in and turn it on, end of story. If you want to cool your GPU also, you will need another waterblock specific to your card, and another radiator (imo). If that's what you want, there are kits by XSPC and a couple others that sell most of what you need but will need assembly that I would look at instead of the 220/240-X. To put the GPu block in and/or extra radiator you will need to disassemble and drain the AIO kit so why not build one anyways. You are voiding the warranty and defeating the purpose of buying an "all-in-one" system so I say start from scratch.

If buying the 240 make sure it fits your case like ATM said above. It probably will but double check for the width of the fans.

price. you can get the 220/240x for far cheaper than you could otherwise get a rad, pump, fittings, and cpu block for.

Back