• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[SCAM but funny] Samsung 840 EVO 250GB for $25 free shipping @Ebay

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
been there done this, look forward to an automatic refund in a couple days :)

OK a heads up.

So far my payment hasn't been accepted. I saw a second review posted and I quote.

you have no account on paypal - big problem to deal with you - NOT SAFE!!

So I don't think anyone is getting their drives.

Sooooo........

DO NOT PURCHSAE

/thread lolz

if its not marked shipped by Monday I will contact the buyer and if I get no reply I will open a case and get my money back. got to love eBay buyer protection, im not worried yet.

LOL.. hold up... How did one person send to paypal and another says they dont have paypal??????

Yeah, I show the payment as accepted too, I will wait, if not shipped by Monday I will open a claim as well.

like i said i bought a drive like this a while back ebay gave me my money back without having to file a case or anything they knew it was fraudulent.

LOL.. hold up... How did one person send to paypal and another says they dont have paypal??????

That is an interesting question.

My guess is that he had the PP account up and took it down, or the ability to use it was revoked for not enough information or something of the sort. Ebay and PayPal are pretty picky. It does need to be all correct in order to actually let you use it.

Payment To:
张 敏 (The recipient of this payment is Non-U.S. - Unverified)

Guess ebay and or paypal gonna be out of some moneys if SSDs don't find their way to the Chicago land.

Gotta say, this is kinda epic lol. I think it was 2 days the money didn't get accepted? Moneys gone, no shipping infos.

I'll give an entire 7 days from today, I'll file a claim on 50 bucks and call it a day.

Be careful, chances are they are Bootleg Drives. before I would even fully use them I would use Samsung Drive Magician on them to verify if they are authentic or not.

same guy ?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Interne-SSD...840?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3aa3ff7070

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-840...230?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3aa3ff6a26

i threw down for 2 of the 1TB's
i can stand to loose $80 for a month if it goes bad

this is my paypal log after the ebay redirected me.

Original Transaction
Date Type Status Details Amount
Feb 28, 2015 Payment To [email protected] Unclaimed ... -$78.00 USD

Unclaimed

Payment To:
[email protected] (The recipient of this payment is Unregistered)
Seller's ID:
gompf_86146
Seller's Email:
[email protected]

Last edited:
Smells like a scam to me.

Just someone looking for suckers. Seems they found a lot of them, as one of the above listings says they sold over 100 of them in 24 hours.

im sure the dude gets the cash and kills the acct,
leaving ebay and paypal to foot the bill

but whatever, i sent the dude for 2 units, who knows ? maybe itll just be one of those act of god good luck things and there all just stolen or something (not that buying stolen **** is good)

I took a leap of faith and bought a few. Looks like PayPal went through. The recipient of the funds changed names however to Chinese characters. PayPal/eBay typically force new sellers to abide by a couple of rules before releasing the funds. Hope this isn't a bait and switch but in any case, I'm certain we'll be covered if anything is amiss.

Op, ok now the money is out of my acct,
And paypal now says the recipient is Payment To:
夏 容 (The recipient of this payment is Non-U.S. - Unverified)
Seller's ID:
gompf_86146
Seller's Email:
[email protected]

Op, ok now the money is out of my acct,
And paypal now says the recipient is Payment To:
夏 容 (The recipient of this payment is Non-U.S. - Unverified)
Seller's ID:
gompf_86146
Seller's Email:
[email protected]

Your not getting your SSDs.... Make a claim with Ebay and have your moneys returned. I called, ebay rep told me to wait it out about 7-14 days. I suggest making a claim straight away.

Back