• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[SCAM but funny] Samsung 840 EVO 250GB for $25 free shipping @Ebay

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Your not getting your SSDs.... Make a claim with Ebay and have your moneys returned. I called, ebay rep told me to wait it out about 7-14 days. I suggest making a claim straight away.

I think he's gonna receive counterfeit drives... That is the way of the Chinese sellers.... Most of then have a rigged up flash drive and nuts and screws super glued inside. Last time I bought something like that was few years shot when I ordered 16G SD Card and they failed in under 6 months.

http://www.ukantipiracy.co.uk/computer/fakesamsunghdd.html

Both units are marked as shipping now
but from the phone I dont know if there is tracking or not
eta march 20

I would honestly be amused to crack it open and find a sata to micro sd card adapter with a 4gb microstick flashed to report that its a 1tb ssd

Last edited:
Better than sex.. no, better than jello shots... maybe, better than pb+j / banana... nope but this is a pretty dammm good thread. I just found it and started reading from post #1 on down. I was :rofl: by halfway through. I hope all ends well for those who took a chance here.

Why is this marked as a scam when we havne't heard back yet? I believe it is as well, but... we don't know for sure.

Why is this marked as a scam when we havne't heard back yet? I believe it is as well, but... we don't know for sure.

true enough, my "shippment" has been marked as sent and has a week left for expected delivery, lawl
honestly at this price im only expecting one of 3 options,
a **** in a box, (literal poo)
a stolen ssd, (which honestly im cool with it fell off the back of the truck items)
or the CASE of the samsung ssd with a microsd card inside it

He no longer has anything listed for sale. Interested to see what happens! Doubting that anybody gets genuine SSDs, but I can see the temptation to try at paypal's expense :p

true enough, my "shippment" has been marked as sent and has a week left for expected delivery, lawl
honestly at this price im only expecting one of 3 options,
a **** in a box, (literal poo)
a stolen ssd, (which honestly im cool with it fell off the back of the truck items)
or the CASE of the samsung ssd with a microsd card inside it

That was my first thought, as that seems like a fairly popular scam. Congrats on the $25 512MB SD card :D

That was my first thought, as that seems like a fairly popular scam. Congrats on the $25 512MB SD card :D

yea, ive gotten memory before off of ebay in that case,
it was a little hdd that the mbr was hacked to make it look like it was 2tb

ho ho

gompf_86146 gompf_86146 (-4) No longer a registered user
25% positive feedback
Items for sale
Based in France, gompf_86146 has been an eBay member since Dec 05, 2013

looks like that seller acct went up in a puff of smoke,
we all knew it would

well it looks like ebay just shot me an email
said, blah blah full refund sent to my paypal
but i still wonder, IF, something will come to my door in a few days?

Nothing will come to your door If eBay refunded on their own?

Yeah, I thought you had to supply some form of tracking to ebay before an item could be marked as shipped, or am I mistaken? If true, it means something has shipped, and I'd be surprised if ebay acting as a middle man has the power to reverse a shipment between two parties :shrug:

(And Karama, sorry if you said you actually had a tracking #, I skimmed the thread, saw you said it was marked as shipped, but didn't see anything about tracking.)

You can mark an item as shipped without tracking (or shipping).

At least I can.

Back