• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[SCAM but funny] Samsung 840 EVO 250GB for $25 free shipping @Ebay

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

synthetic_fenix

Risen From the Ashes
EBay Sale

Do any of you find this to be a scam, or would you jump on this deal? Part of me wants to pick up a couple of them for that price, but coming from France would have to wait upwards of a month to find out if this is legit, but then the other part of me screams scam.

The same guy also has this 1TB Samsung SSD for sale for $39

Yeah, ED, The 1 feedback joined Dec 2013 kinda screamed no thanks as well.

Last edited:
Buyer protection doesn't apply here? If you don't receive a working product, file a claim.

"If it seems too good to be true, it usually is"

Not trying......even though I was this close to pushing the buy button.
Had to think hard though. Very tempting, but not worth the potential hassle.:p

I have been tossing it back and forth since I found those sales. Part of me wants to just buy 1 or 3 of those 250GB drives and chance that its a legit deal, and if not just take it up with Paypal/Ebay if it turns out to not be legit. Paypal buyer protection does cover if it turns out to be a fake samsung drive. I just really question if these are hot (read stolen) drives, or these riddled with some sort of root kit or malware just waiting for someone to hook them up. The latter of the two concerns could be easily remedied with an offline machine and DD to wipe them first, but if its in the firmware then not so easy to fix.... I'm really torn here.

I hear you. I've been back to the link a half a dozen times since my last post. :drool:

Shut the Front door!

I pulled the trigger on 2 of the 250GB 840's for 50$ free shipping?

Meh what the heck, if they come in working and I test them up, I'll let you guys know how it all goes down.

Right now tab says payment success, the page says pending.

Says 69 when I clicked purchase, now says 73 sold. I may be one of many suxers lol....

From France yo! "may take up to 28 days to arrive"

Shut the Front door!

I pulled the trigger on 2 of the 250GB 840's for 50$ free shipping?

Meh what the heck, if they come in working and I test them up, I'll let you guys know how it all goes down.

Right now tab says payment success, the page says pending.

Says 69 when I clicked purchase, now says 73 sold. I may be one of many suxers lol....

From France yo! "may take up to 28 days to arrive"

should have gone for the 1TB

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Interne-SSD...8&pid=100005&rk=1&rkt=6&sd=161613197854&rt=nc

I have had my Ebay account for over 14 years so why the hell not!
I have a deadbeat PC I will hook it up to and check if its all good (for $40 for a 1tb why not try ebay protection should help)

I decided to pick up 2 of the 250GB drives, plan is to use them in my Virtual LAB to try out VSAN, I have an old laptop I can use to test them first, figure if anything goes wrong I will rely on ebay buyer protection.

Back