• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Recommend Bluetooth USB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

motherboard1

I'm looking to use 2 Xboxone/PS4 controllers wireless. Price is not a consideration within reason, is there a brand/model that someone can recommend as reliable? There are a lot of mixed reviews on the net.

As ATM said you will require a micro-usb cable for either to work on the computer. They do not use bluetooth.

If you want a wireless controller your best bet is a wireless 360 controller with pc dongle as dlaw said

I've already got an Xboxone controller (play&charge) I've used it for a while now. So lets say I do grab a wireless PC controller, are all of those bluetooth USB basically the same quality?

The only wireless controller mentioned in this thread that works on PC is the Xbox 360 Controller. It doesn't use Bluetooth.

You will not get the Xbox One Controller or PS4 Controller to work via Bluetooth on a PC.

Ok. So I feel I've been mislead. There are customer reviews like this one on newegg for example -

=====
Pros: Plug and play, detects all my devices without hassle. Using it mostly to emulate an Xbox360 controller using a PS3 on my PC.

Cons: Small and stubby, so may be a bit hard to pull out of the USB slot.
=====

And this one

=======

Pros: I use it to tether my bluetooth controllers, like PS3, PS4, and Wii, to my PC.

Cons: It's a real pain in the fanny to remove, since there's virtually no grip on the thing. I usually have to remove it with pliers.

======

I researched the topic a few months back which is where I gathered my information on how this works and what I need, not by reading reviews for bluetooth adapters. I can't remember what forum I was on, but now that I've set out to follow through, those product reviews serve to confirm that other people are doing this and that I didn't dream it up.

Color me confused. I plan to follow through for better or worse, I'm just stubborn like that. I'll go ahead and pick up the bluetooth with the best reviews and report back to confirm my failure.

Last edited:
Not all USB-based wireless devices communicate via bluetooth. For instance, most wireless mice and keyboards do not use bluetooth. They use another kind of radio signal.

Newegg feedback (and frankly there reviews by people that haven't a clue what they are doing) are, frankly, a joke. About the only good they are worth is to tell you if a product is DOA.

Good luck regardless!!!

Back