• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mouse not getting detected!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Exteez

Hello. After installing windows 7 and drivers for the motherboard. The mouse stopped working. I tried everything: searched for new devices , unplugging the mouse, everything. One thing to note that the mouse works in the uefi bios. Can anyone help?

you have it plugged into a usb 3.0 port? if so do you have usb 3.0 drivers installed?

Windows has USB2 and some USB3 already in it. Even without the motherboard drivers (INF file), it should still be able to do that.

Be sure that stuff is installed regardless, but, it should work without, particularly on the USB2 ports.

Whether it will work or not depends on the MB and whether there are Intel, Asmedia, or other drivers that need an install/upgrade. OP didn't list the system specs which would be helpful.

My MSI Z77 had two different drivers for different ports on the USB 3.0. I had to download the correct ones as the MB disc didn't have the USB 3.0 for both chipsets, and using Win7Pro. Maybe OP has a similar issue?

I hear ya. And it's worth loading them all. No doubt! particularly because, as you said, we have no other information regarding.board or which ports.

But regardless of board type, there are native usb2 and usb3 driver's from Windows that allow it to work in Windows without installing the chipset driver's. Not all ports will work of course. The native usb2 driver's in particular Should work regardless of inf install. :)

Last edited:
Have you tried another mouse? Does your motherboard have any PS2 mouse or keyboard ports (little round ones colored green and purple)?

Problem solved - after re-installing the windows completely it worked. For some reasoned I messed up when installing the drivers, and I think I cancelled finding the mouse driver or something like that. Re-installing windows solved it.

/topic closed

It should work out of the gate, like it is now, is what I was saying... assuming it was plugged into a native USB port. If it was not installed into a native port, and Robert like said, you would have to install the USB2/3 drivers for it to work. Not sure why you cancelled anything upon windows installation as it 'just works' on first boot.

Glad you figured it out, you can mark the thread "resolved" by using the options at the top of the thread. ;)

Back