• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4-2400MHz 32GB Memory Kit Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Kingston has a long history of providing memory products for PC enthusiasts, so it's no surprise they've gone all in with the latest DDR4 platform. Their current HyperX DDR4 offerings include the Predator and Fury lines, which are both aimed at enthusiast-level PC users. Today, we'll be looking at a kit from Kingston's HyperX Fury family - The 32 GB DDR4-2400MHz kit to be exact.
Click here to view the article.

I bought Kingston Fury DDR4 32gb 2400Mhz.
My kit is good, but nowehere as good as what all the reviewers got. It runs at 2666 with 14,17,36 latencies on 1.2v. Any change beyond that makes it unstable. Raising the voltage to 1.35 allows only tiny improvements above that and is hardly woth it.
Could it be that all the reviewers got specially selected samples?

Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4 8GB (2x4)

Got this RAM for my Ryzen system, massively impressed with the overclock I got.
OC:
3200MHz (from 2400)
16-16-16-16-36 Timings at 1T
1.4v

If you don't already know memory has a massive performance impace on AMD Ryzen systems. This overclock sped my CPU up by almost 35% in benchmark testing and massively improved game FPS. I reccomend this but I can only speak for the 4GB modules, not sure about 8GB modules.

Really unlucky with mine. The 2666 on 1.2 but anything above that and it falls apart or wont boot (or extremely slow) when you ramp up the voltage

Really unlucky with mine. The 2666 on 1.2 but anything above that and it falls apart or wont boot (or extremely slow) when you ramp up the voltage

Nvm the last comment, turned out to be cpu instability can get it to 3000 np 1.36

Most HyperX Fury kits are based on Micron or Hynix IC. Regardless what newer IC is in use, all can make 3200+. The only thing which may cause issues are timings as some new IC require CL18+ to run at higher clock. For example you can set 3466+ on most new Microns and even in quad channel it's possible to set 3800+ on many of them but at CL20+. Not always it means lower performance as new chipsets can use higher frequency and related to it maximum bandwidth better than lower latency. Latency is covered by fast and large CPU cache. Memory latency of course matters but with each new generation it affects overall performance less and cache+IMC performance counts more. Benchmarks never show performance of memory, they will always give you results based on CPU+cache+RAM.

I was able to make it stable at 3000mhz 14-14-14-15-35 1.35v, however I am really concerned about the lifespan, are those settings degrade my ram over the time?

The only thing which may degrade/damage memory is too high voltage. Wrong (or correct but too tight for the IC) timings may cause instability and nothing else.

It's standard voltage for most DDR4. High would be above 1.5V. High that can cause damage would be above 1.6V but I haven't seen anyone reporting damaged DDR4 below 1.7V.

Thanks Woomak, I really appreciate your help and I am really glad that I was able to save a couple of bucks with this Ram kit and I am impressed with the performance that we can achieve overclocking it.

I have the 2400 mhz DDR4 Kit but no matter WHAT I did, I couldnt get it over 2666 Mhz.. It was impossible with timmings or voltage. . Pretty lame considering you guys results... I tried as much as 1.38v and 16-16-16-36. ... nothing worked .. black screen.

Back