• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can anyone update the Benchmarking Buffet article for the front page?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EarthDog

Gulper Nozzle Co-Owner
Does anyone want to update the Benchmarking Buffet article I created a couple of years back? That was received VERY well by the new people as it showed all the basics, including screenshots of what was required to make it a valid submission...not a prize, but something that could help the noobs, and something published on the front page about the benchmarking team in general. :)

(sorry for the OT- feel free to PM!)

I started to months back, but just do not have the time to sit and do it... hence the mention here. I can get Johan setup in WP to make it happen if he wants to take the time to do so (doesn't look like you volunteered! :p). As I said it would be very helpful for recruiting/awareness to have something on the front page again and to have it to refer to period with updated benchmarks, screenshots, and links. :)

I absolutely agree. Could at least be a team effort for the leaders to update the different ones with links and stuff and the new benchmarks.

It should be much easier than starting from scratch as the framework and most benchmarks are in there already. Just need to update software versions, screenshots, and add anything new that is boint bearing.

Anyway, sorry again for the OT.. I may split these posts and dump them in the benchmarking section if I dont bork the job......... LOL!

EDIT: Hey... I think I did it!

Give me a month or so and I can probably give it a go guys. Right now I'm way too busy at home and at work but I can see the light of day soon.

Its not rocket science... its a lot like MS Word, but there is a learning curve, particularly when adding pictures and tables, etc.

Oh well. :)

What was REALLY good was seeing live LN2 benching and advertising THAT On the front page...

... the good old days...

It's mostly all WYSIWYG and BBS style formatting. Nothing really hard, just the biggest thing to learn is image importing.

Perhaps you guys can work together...? Witchy does some writing and those more familiar with inserting pics/tables can do that stuff until he's up to speed. I would LOVE to see more benching stuff on the front page!!! I wish I had the time to just do it. :(

I can help late at night...

I friended you for BF4 witchy..(the Discostu request)... we'll catch up on that soon too!

Do you happen to know Wordpress? That is our backend for articles...

Nope me either E_D but I'm sure I can figure it out. I just had a look at the article and doesn't look like it would take too much to "spruce" it up. Give me a minimum of 2 weeks though. I have to get this competition behind me and some make up time at home you know, all the chores I've been neglecting. Ha ha

Yea if someone wants to take the time to show me the ropes a little would be happy to help where I can

I may be on tonight for a bit, but go to bed early , I start work at 3:45 am in the morning if you want to call it that,

I call it the middle of the night :eh?:

It's rough isn't it, I don't start that early but early enough ( get up at 4:15) I need to be in bed at a good hour.

Im up after the kids and my better half go to bed (9P+). So perhaps on the weekend we can catch up...

I'll send TS info as that is the easiest way for me to chat from my basement (poor cell service).

Back