• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help identifying some ddr2?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

funsoul

Hi Folks!

Based on a request, am trying to figure out some of my ddr2. In particular, am trying to determine which to:
a) Definitely get rid of as other sticks listed here are better
b) Keep until they can be tested
c) Definitely keep

Planning to donate some so they can be used as prizes here then sell whatever else is not needed.

Would also appreciate any help in identifying which chips each sticks use. Any thoughts on approximate values for each set would also be appreciated. I know that the ADATA Vitesta 100 5-5-5 2X512mb use D9 chips and are good for over 660MHz ...figure these (know I have 2 but could only find 1 last night) are definite keepers.

Any other information folks have on any/all of these sticks is also very welcomed (and appreciated).

tia!

-Stefan

ddr2-groupshot.jpg hypers.jpg corsair.jpg adata.jpg mushkins.jpg dommies.jpg gskills.jpg ballistix.jpg hynix.jpg misc-1.jpg misc-2.jpg misc-3.jpg

I think the ADATA, Kingston, and G.Skill have the most promise for OCing. That 2.2v on the Kingston makes me think that they could be D9 as well, but you'd need to test or remove the heatsinks (if not glued) to find out. The G.Skill should be either Powerchip or Micron D9.

Here's an IC list of some DDR2 RAM: http://ramlist.i4memory.com/ddr2/

1. Kingston - hard to say but if it's Micron then I doubt it's anything good as good D9 were only in 512MB/1GB sticks, still can overclock good
2. Corsair - looks like PSC but can be something else too, can't find it listed anywhere
3. ADATA - looks like D9 as you said
4. Mushkin - Aeneon
5. Corsair - probably Micron but I can be wrong
6. G.Skill - PSC/worse Microns, nothing special but maybe will make higher clocks too
7. Crucial - D9 and in most cases good series
8. HP - as you see Hynix :) , nothing special
9. Dell - Micron, IC is covered so I won't tell you what ( can read it on the backside ;) )
10. PNY - looks like PSC
11. Dell - as you see, Elpida, nothing special

Back