• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Windows 7 won't install

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

devlos

Heloo,

I'm trying to install windows 7 but I have a problem. When I get to the part where you pick custom install and you have selected your disk for installation and click next, a message says it was unable to create system partition...

I have installed many many times before and have not had this problem.

I did try two different disks one hdd, other ssd both same message. I also opened command and went diskpart ..... clean, still nothing changed.

I have have windows installed on this same hardware before too.

Any and all ideas welcome. Thanks!

I will try that now but I tried two separate drives already, nevermind I will try now.

did you try to re-initialize the drives? i've run in to many, many install issues (i'm good like that hehe)...that one seems to clear things up the most.

Yup.. And finished a long format now too. Idk what else...:fight:

Definitely know the feeling! Have had similar (and yet only sporadic) issues with fm2 and z77.

When all else fails....set up the bare os (no drivers, no apps, just a clean install) on a different setup but using the same platform (if you're going to run an amd then use a 'working' amd platform, if intel then intel). Once you've got a working os, plug it in to the setup that's giving you install issues and away you go.

Ya it's AM1. It is making me crazy, I had same hardware setup already but this is giving me grief now... ahhhhh! Okay I'm back!

I will make a new install media with an AMD and see wut up?! Thanks. I fight the good fight, so no problem shall prevail!

I'll post manana.

Sorry I meant to update sooner here.....

All is well, the installation media, usb, was corrupt in some way. When I made a new one everything went smooth!! Thanks!!

Back