• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Minor issue. Tired of fighting with a Asrock ITX mobo and AMD chip

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Conumdrum

So frustrating. Wifes PC has had issues, can't seem to fix it. Restarts etc, reinstalls, nothing fixes it. Not a USB problem, long story. Need to go back to an Intel and Giga mobo, I trust them. She don't game, just need a solid recommendation for an IXT mobo and a good integrated Intel Graphics CPU. Not uber top of the line, hopefully under $200, but at this time $$ isn't an issue.

I already have all the other bits like case, HD, SSD, PSU already.

Whoever gives me the best answer can have the mobo and CPU in that POS if they want it. Or it ends ups with holes shot in it in the back yard soon.

Hi everyone, long time no post. I'm still alive.

What are the core components? Could be a bad ssd? Bad PSU? What's the system event viewer say? Are they bsod or spontaneous shutdowns?

EDIT:

I built a new PC not too long ago for my wife as well. ASRock H87M Pro4 w/ i5-4670. You can certainly go less expensive, especially with the rest of the build, but it's been rock solid and one of the quietest PCs I've ever built.

EDIT 2:

How about an ASUS H97I-Plus and, depending how set you are with a quad core, could go i3-4360. If you want quad, same CPU as above. Total with i5 is $310. With i3 it's $243.

Last edited:
Alright. To reply to Railgun, it's kinda better. Sorry it took so long, it's a secondary problem, the wife is still using her old PC for now. In fact it didn't seem to have this issue for the first few months, no reboots etc or off/on issues. The reinstall of W7 and gettng rid of USB compatibility mode fixed the main problem. The only issue now is the power off function using W7 or the off button. It always reboots, yes even with shorting out the mobo pins. 100% of the time. I have been reading that the timing signal from the Corsair CX430 for monitoring or something like that isn't great, a bit of an issue between the mobo and PSU.

Thinking of replacing the PSU with a 400-450 watter to see if that fixes it. If it's a mobo issue I'll just go back to Intel.

Wonder if the PSU is the culprit? No I don't have a good modern spare PSU anymore, not like I did in the old days. Read a few posts around the web that there could be issues.

Last edited:
Back