• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Modding acrylic case Logisys CS888CL

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Robmoo

I'm thinking about taking some of my parts from my previous gaming pc and building a new one for my daughter. I'm thinking about using the Logisys CS888CL. I'd like to do the build in an acrylic case with RGB LED strip lights. Her favorite color is rainbow so I can sets the lights to any color or to shifting colors. It is going to have a 3770k CPU, 580 GTX video card, a pair of Samsung 830 500gb SSDs and the Evga 120-G1-0650-XR. I don't think 3 80mm fans is going to cut it for case cooling . I'm wondering if it will be possible to cut out 120mm fan holes in the front, top, and side. Also I'm not going to need the drive bays. I can velcro the SSD's facing out so they can be easily seen. Can the drive bays be removed? If they are glued in I might be out of luck.

Has anyone worked with this case?

Is there a better alternative?

That's one lucky little girl right there.

Do you have the case already? If not, why not just a case with a big side window like this?

I have looked at those acrylic cases also, but they all have 80mm fan ports and with power comes heat and with 80mm fans that means lots of noise.
I have thought about water cooling one but a rad on the back would kill the whole thing.

just looked at xoxide.com and they have the sunbeam csaes with 120mm fan ports, you might look at those.

Back