• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a $500 laptop..........

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GTXJackBauer

Water Cooling Senior Member, #TEAMH20HNO
Not too familiar with whats been happening in the laptop industry and what main companies and their warranty policies are great atm so I am wondering if anyone can assist me in looking for a laptop in the $500 range. Mainly CPU performance and not so much for GPU. It will be mainly used for car audio tuning, dyno tuning and data logging and w/e general things that you do with a laptop. So with that said, I am looking for something with the most CPU performance, a good amount of RAM and a SSD, PCI-E prefer like the XP941 if possible and if not, no big deal and screen size won't matter.

I got a $230 Asuslappy on sale last year. Very basic crappy specs, for the price point. I can't see much better than that for a lappy platform, going upwards for 500$. Even if it is a good deal. A good CPU lappy usually is in the 800 buck range. We know a good mobile CPU is about $300.. Add GPU, well don't matter in this situation. New lappy with a good CPU and RAM runs abpout 600-900 bucks. You know that, and why you asked.

Might perhaps, see if a tablet would suite you better? See if Android or Apple has software/hardware to fill your needs.

Last edited:
I got a $230 Asuslappy on sale last year. Very basic crappy specs, for the price point. I can't see much better than that for a lappy platform, going upwards for 500$. Even if it is a good deal. A good CPU lappy usually is in the 800 buck range. We know a good mobile CPU is about $300.. Add GPU, well don't matter in this situation. New lappy with a good CPU and RAM runs abpout 600-900 bucks. You know that, and why you asked.

Might perhaps, see if a tablet would suite you better? See if Android or Apple has software/hardware to fill your needs.

Well I wasn't sure and wasn't familiar with whats out there and whats good. Regardless, it was for a family member I was assisting. All is well since they already grabbed one now.

Thanks to all that helped out.

Back