• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5.1 Z906 with my Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 rev4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jcpangs

Ok so I use to have my Z906 connected to my old board which is a M4A90GTD Pro/USb3 until it died on my last oct. I just bought a new 990FXA and I just hooked up my z906 today. I noticed that when I select '5.1 Speaker' my rear speaker arent working even thought its being detected in sound manager connected on the black port, and I noticed that I need a rear speaker for a 5.1 speaker. This is not the case on my old mobo. Im a 100% sure that my z906 rear speakers are being recognized as rear speakers on my old board. Even when I try the 'Configure Speakers' the 5.1 setup is all wrong. again im a 101% sure that my rear speakers are being recognize as rear on my old board. did an update changes this? or is it a problem with my new mobo?

so I found a screenshot of what I used to have vs what I have right now. I dont care what they said about misconception. should I install an old driver to have it the 'old school' way?

5.1 speaker old.PNG 5.1 speaker new.PNG

Have you installed the Realtek driver and gone into their software?

I don't. Can you post a screenshot of the Realtek page?
I'm pretty sure you can customize speaker location.

I'm confused, is the problem that the rear speakers aren't working at all? Are you sure that they're connected on the correct jack? Also check that there are no broken/crimped wires, and that the speakers do indeed work (you can verify by plugging them in on the stereo jack).

I don't. Can you post a screenshot of the Realtek page?
I'm pretty sure you can customize speaker location.

you mean the Sound Manager right? As you could see the 'rear pair' is disabled. you could also see that the cables are properly connected:
green for front
orange for c/subs
black for rear

when I do a test sound the front, center subs will make a sound except for the sides, which of course it will not since I dont have anything connected to it. my rear speakers whicch is connected to the black audio port will also not make a sound, (makes sense since the sound manager has disabled rear)

sound manager.PNG

I'm confused, is the problem that the rear speakers aren't working at all? Are you sure that they're connected on the correct jack? Also check that there are no broken/crimped wires, and that the speakers do indeed work (you can verify by plugging them in on the stereo jack).

the problem is my 5.1 setup. my computer used to recognize 2fronts 1center and 2rear speakers. (see left picture) but after replacing my mobo, I now have 2front 1center and 2sides (see right picture)
5.1 speaker old.PNG 5.1 speaker new.PNG

Looks like to me that it isn't detecting your rears.
Did you verify you have them in the correct port?

Looks like to me that it isn't detecting your rears.
Did you verify you have them in the correct port?

yes.. if I chose 7.1 it will detect the rear and make a sound during the test. if I unplug the rear on the black port and plug it in on the grey side port it will work. but I dont want it to be my side speakers.

I finally got it to work. I just installed an old driver and everything is all good now. issue resolved! thank to all

Back